• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root another unroot question

Upvote 0
I've been reading the unroot however in last few months an OTA update came out that many were ranting about would unroot if installed. Any input on the OTA. I hate to get tied up for couple hours tonight unrooting but looks like I'm got to go the long way.

never accept an ota while you are rooted. one of the few consequences that can happen is that you can get unrooted. the others are that you can be in a weird state with s-on with a custom recovery or it could even brick your phone.

if you want to just update to the latest ota then all you will need to do is flash a rom that has the latest 4.67 ota. i would try mikg3.11 it is waaay better then stock.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Rxpert83.....you got it. Maybe I wasn't clear on original post, sorry.

Sprint tech says I have to unroot because Sprint associates charging issues with custom kernels.

Hboot 6.16
Software 4.67.651.3

I thought there was a newer OTA that would unroot a rooted phone. I feel I just need to go back to s-off. Maybe 220volts will unroot too.....what u think.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones