1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Another update corrupts phone!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pguilbault, Aug 25, 2011.

1. pguilbault

pguilbault Lurker
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    When the Verizon update came out this past spring it did not update properly and ultimately corrupted the software so bad the phone had to be replaced - guess what, it has happened again! The latest Froyo update, from Verizon, failed by stating the previous update had failed (it really hadn't). My live wallpapers were not longer active and the system did not recognize live wallpapers. After spending an hour with the Verizon Tech it was determined something was corrupt with the system software and would the phone would need replacing again!

The phone was rooted and thanks to Titanium Backup I will get my data back but do you think being rooted is what corrupts the phone? I hesitate to keep the new phone rooted, yet I love my programs that rely on being rooted. If anyone has an idea if the root is the problem for updates let me know. Otherwise I strongly suggest DO NOT purchase a Samsung Fascinate - love the screen but the phone is crap and full of problems.

Advertisement

2. tgulch22

tgulch22 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 22, 2010
    Paramedic
    Perrysburg, OH
    If you are rooted and accept an OTA update there is a strong chance that is causing your corruption. If you want an OTA update, unroot and go back to stock and then update. I never had any problems doing it that way, and the fassy is great and have not had any real problems with it ever. I am rooted.