1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Another Update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by markdoc, Jul 18, 2020.

1. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

This happened last night and I was warned this time. It may be the Velvet update, but since I use Nova, I think it would be masked. Screenshot_20200718-005121.png The only change that I've found so far is that my icons on the left side of my status bar are gone.
    Capture+_2020-07-18-05-47-08.png
    After some investigation, I found that one of my settings had changed.
    Screenshot_20200718-055512.png It was the "Status bar icons" got turned off. When I turned that setting back on, my icons returned.
    If anyone gets this update and doesn't use and addon UA, please post the changes.
    Thanks

2. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

I found this on the Verizon site:
    The details:

Release date: 07/17/2020
    Androidâ„¢ Security Patch Level: July 2020
    Software Version: V405UA30b

What's changing:

The current software update provides the most up to date Android security patches on your device.
    I guess it isn't the Velvet update. We will just have to wait & see.

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

It's common to include some minor UI changed with security patches. Major UI updates require explicit permission, if I'm not mistaken.

4. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

Normally I would agree with you. However, this one seemed to be minor and for the first time in a long time asked for permission to install.

5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Did it ask you for permission to install or was it simply a notification to reboot to complete the installation? I ditched my G6 last year so I'm not up on LG's latest updates.

PitCarver likes this.
  6. markdoc

markdoc Android Expert

It specifically asked for permission to install. When I opened my phone, the screen said that the update was downloaded and it asked to install it now or later.

7. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

It really would be nice if they said that a new update was AVAILABLE, and did you wish to download it.

LG V40 ThinQ Forum

The LG V40 ThinQ release date was October 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 16MP camera, 6GB RAM, Snapdragon 845 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

October 2018
Release Date
Reviews