• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Another video of 2.1 on Eris

I got rid of my house phone, maybe if I look on craigs list for an old rotary phone I can throw 2.1 on it :)

i had a phone from 1986 laying around, it was used on the Bell Atlantic Phone Service for years. Anyway, i got it out of the closet and downloaded the root software from XDA then threw 2.1 on it.

Not only can I make long distance calls but now I have multi-tasking and flash support.
Oh sh!t did my phone just surpass the iphone?

Upvote 0
i had a phone from 1986 laying around, it was used on the Bell Atlantic Phone Service for years. Anyway, i got it out of the closet and downloaded the root software from XDA then threw 2.1 on it.

Not only can I make long distance calls but now I have multi-tasking and flash support.
Oh sh!t did my phone just surpass the iphone?

Well, considering that phone probably transmits @ 3 watts it couple smoke the iPhone... literally :p

Upvote 0
If you can make phone calls on it, that is all you really needed to surpass the iPhone.

and get this! I can connect to the *NEW* Cingular Network that is run on the 4G LTE Network. So now i have the Fastest and largest 3G network by my side. Oh yea, Google just contacted me, Android 3.0 is being sent OTA to me by the end of the month, early release for Cingular customers only.

Upvote 0
"@SamWarrenger The update is just rolling out today, so I would give things a some more time/more tries. Let me know if it keeps happening"

"@htc HD2 doesn't find an update when I start marketplace"

this is what HTC was responding to.

And he was responding to the HTC post saying there was an update to windows mobile marketplace.

nothing to do with our eris, sadly

Upvote 0
"@SamWarrenger The update is just rolling out today, so I would give things a some more time/more tries. Let me know if it keeps happening"

"@htc HD2 doesn't find an update when I start marketplace"

this is what HTC was responding to.

And he was responding to the HTC post saying there was an update to windows mobile marketplace.

nothing to do with our eris, sadly
He knows.. he just likes to get us excited for nothing ;)

Upvote 0
Hi I'm JrzDroid
most of posts contain sarcasm,
I will help anyone who needs it
Constant threads about 2.1 are really starting to annoy me
i love technology
and I love giving my opinion when it comes to people posting threads saying they have the latest news after visiting their local verizon store and asking when 2.1 is coming out

live long and prosper
PS: OTD is pretty

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones