• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Another way to answer phone?

weihl165

Android Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2009
So my gf is having a weird problem with her phone. When she wants to play with the inc, she can swipe the screen down fine to unlock it, but if a call comes in, she can swipe it to answer for the life of her, and she is getting very annoyed. Anyone else having this problem? Is there another way the phone can be answered? I have tried a hard reset and no dice. Please help before she throws it out the window.

So my gf is having a weird problem with her phone. When she wants to play with the inc, she can swipe the screen down fine to unlock it, but if a call comes in, she can swipe it to answer for the life of her, and she is getting very annoyed. Anyone else having this problem? Is there another way the phone can be answered? I have tried a hard reset and no dice. Please help before she throws it out the window.

I was having the same problem. It was driving me crazy :mad:. I used to be able to answer a call by placing my finger near the top of the screen and swiping down. But after Froyo, I now have to place my finger on the "bar" and swipe down. Unlock still works to swipe anywhere on the screen and then down, but not answering a call. Finger must be on the bar and swiped down. Have her try that. Hope it works for her.

Upvote 0
I was having the same problem. It was driving me crazy :mad:. I used to be able to answer a call by placing my finger near the top of the screen and swiping down. But after Froyo, I now have to place my finger on the "bar" and swipe down. Unlock still works to swipe anywhere on the screen and then down, but not answering a call. Finger must be on the bar and swiped down. Have her try that. Hope it works for her.

I just got WidgetLocker and noticed I have to actually be specific about where I place my finger to swipe too. Even if I switch it to the Droid-type screen (swipe down) you still must click the actual bar. I figured it was WidgetLocker, but I wonder if its not Froyo.

Upvote 0
Personally I'm glad that you now have to swype the lock down and actually touch the lock to answer or decline the call. When my phone would be in my pocket and I would receive a call, merely pulling the phone out of my pocket and accidentally touching the screen anywhere would cause me to decline the call. So every time I would receive a call and I had to remove the phone from my pocket I would have to take extra caution to ensure that I didn't touch the screen otherwise I would decline the call and hang up on the caller.

Upvote 0
Personally I'm glad that you now have to swype the lock down and actually touch the lock to answer or decline the call. When my phone would be in my pocket and I would receive a call, merely pulling the phone out of my pocket and accidentally touching the screen anywhere would cause me to decline the call. So every time I would receive a call and I had to remove the phone from my pocket I would have to take extra caution to ensure that I didn't touch the screen otherwise I would decline the call and hang up on the caller.

Classic example of "you can only please some of the people some of the time"! There was actually a thread a month or two ago about people complaining that they were "pocket answering" the phone because it was too sensitive.

I'm sorry others are having problems!!

Upvote 0
Good point, and I agree with you. It was just very frustrating until I figured it out. Now I am fine with it.

Upvote 0
Cruiser...

So it is repeatable??
Yes, if by repeatable you mean I can only answer a call by touching the bar and swiping down. Touching/swiping the screen anyplace else and it won't answer the phone. Knowing this now I can appreciate that it won't "pocket answer" as easily. But it sure was frustrating the first few tines I tried to answer the phone and could not because I was used to touching the top of the screen and swiping down. Now I have no problem answering a call because I know to touch the bar and swipe down.

Upvote 0
Yes, if by repeatable you mean I can only answer a call by touching the bar and swiping down. Touching/swiping the screen anyplace else and it won't answer the phone. Knowing this now I can appreciate that it won't "pocket answer" as easily. But it sure was frustrating the first few tines I tried to answer the phone and could not because I was used to touching the top of the screen and swiping down. Now I have no problem answering a call because I know to touch the bar and swipe down.

Yes, that is exactly what I mean! ;)
I just wanted to make sure that touching the bar and swiping allowed you to answer the call each time! Now others can offer this advice to people experiencing the same situation!

Thank You!!

Upvote 0

haha... the ribbing I got from my BB owners laughing at me while i tried to answer a few calls.

this fixed it, thanks-

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones