• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Another WiFi problem solved

malch

Jan 24, 2012
In case this helps someone else:

1. WiFi connections hang after a short period. Early on, my Atrix 2 WiFi connections would frequently lock up. This apparently due to some interoperability issue with the WiFi chipset drivers and some types of WiFi Access Point.

The solution was to go into my router settings and disable the Wireless Multimedia Extensions.

2. Problems establishing WiFi connections. This problem started a month or so ago. When I arrived home (or at a new location) my Atrix 2 would take a couple of minutes to figure out what wireless networks were within range.

I noticed that the WiFi status would get stuck on "Scanning..." for a long period.

I solved this one a few minute ago by going into Settings | Wireless and Networks |Wi-Fi Settings | Manage Networks and then deleting (forgetting) all of the saved networks. As soon as I did this, the problem behavior was eliminated and the Atrix would immediately find the available networks and connect. I postulate that the table holding the saved networks was too large and/or corrupted in some way.

Needless to say, I am very happy to have solved this nasty little problem.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones