• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Another Yellow Tint Thread

Hello, i read on the forums about this and on other sources too. Since all threads are very old i decided to post another one since my note 3 is kinda having this problem and i want to know if i should return it or what.

The problem is noticeable on pages that are mostly white (google search page) or when the white is surrounded by black like the settings menu.

I want to clarify if this is normal and they made the screen warm or if it is each person perspective of whites or if it is actually a problem. Ill try to go to an att store to compare with another phone but meanwhile i wanted to ask...

Hello, i read on the forums about this and on other sources too. Since all threads are very old i decided to post another one since my note 3 is kinda having this problem and i want to know if i should return it or what.

The problem is noticeable on pages that are mostly white (google search page) or when the white is surrounded by black like the settings menu.

I want to clarify if this is normal and they made the screen warm or if it is each person perspective of whites or if it is actually a problem. Ill try to go to an att store to compare with another phone but meanwhile i wanted to ask...

The note 3 has been out for what, 3 - 4 months? How old could those threads be, and what about them wouldn't pertain to your issue?

Upvote 0
Under Settings>Device>Display try the different Screen mode settings snd see if one fixes your issue. As you said it probably has something to do with your perception of White rather than something wrong with your Note 3.

Yeah, i have it in dynamic. I am kinda confused since some people say is a
Samsung standard to add a warm feeling and some say they dont notice anything. I really don't notice anything until i see a white screen or whites surrounded by blacks. Also when i compare it to my smart tv or monitor, they are whiter than my phone.

Upvote 0
Solved: I compared my phone with 2 friends using note 3... It seems samsung screen tend to be yellowish compared to other top notch screens. They looked all the same so i decided to go to an att store and the promo devices looked worst. I compared it to an store employee's note 3 and it was similar to mine and my friends's phone. When i compared to other phones it seems the white is kinda yellowish even thought the note 3 screen looks way better in general.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones