1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Anroid 4.1.2 Calendar

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by TeleRisk, Oct 25, 2014.

1. TeleRisk

TeleRisk Newbie

Running 4.1.2 on cell phone. Included Calendar....driving me nuts. I have attempted to set a daily re-occurring event so I am reminded of something I need to do every day ...at same time. I can get an event set that will work for the 1st day Only. I have set the event to be daily. I have looked for a Users Manual\Guide how to use this stock Calendar App without success. I am unable to even determine version as this app is not in the Application manager List since I guess it is included in the Android OS.

Any assistance will be appreciated as to what I might be doing wrong, what steps to follow to get this Clarendon to run an event daily, and, if there is a Manual. I did Google Android Calendar but what I found was not the same version calendar I am running......

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I suggest installing an alternative calendar app - there are plenty which will use your Google calendar (so you get all of the current syncing) but provide many more options for displaying events and much more flexibility in setting reminders and managing recurrence.

As I say, there are lots of them, but I suggest Business Calendar as a first one to try - I've several calendar apps installed, but that's the one I use most.

As for the app version, try Settings > Apps > All - the default "Downloaded" tab only shows stuff you've installed, but selecting "All" instead should show it. Telling us what phone model would be needed too, as manufacturers often replace to default Android Calendar app with their own version.

3. TeleRisk

TeleRisk Newbie

Phone ZTE Overture;
    Calendar Version 4.1.2-20140214.134805.15414