1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Answering calls in pocket

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hbkid, Apr 23, 2012.

1. hbkid

hbkid Lurker

Seems like this has been an ongoing HTC issue that has never been addressed, but...

When the phone rings in my pocket, removing it from my pocket automatically answers the call. The vertical slider is triggered through my trousers by my leg as I slide the phone up.

Can anyone suggest a way of changing the action required to answer the call so this doesn't happen? I'm not interested in suggestions to change the way I keep the phone in my pocket, I shouldn't have to as this is a design flaw in the software.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. screamer

screamer Member

i've not had that problem, i'm with O2 (UK) and the semi circle is on the bottom of the screen, so when taking the phone out of my pocket, it doesn't move the unlocking trigger

3. hbkid

hbkid Lurker

What about the answer/reject buttons which slide downwards?

4. screamer

screamer Member

hmm, your right they do slide down, but, i've still not had much problem with it, i do keep the screen to the inside (leg side) when it's in my pocket.

5. hbkid

hbkid Lurker

So do I, which seems to be the problem. Do you have a screen protecter? I'm thinking maybe that would de-sensitize the screen in my pocket...

6. screamer

screamer Member

i do, it's an HTC's own make

7. Blue Thunder

Blue Thunder Member

There are a few apps on the market that could help. Few of them below.

Pocket Keylock: PocketSensor

Paid App:

hbkid likes this.

HTC One S Forum

The HTC One S release date was April 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, MSM8290 processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2012
Release Date
Reviews