1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Answering calls

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lesley21, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Lesley21

Lesley21 Lurker

I have my Lg g3 set to answer calls by bringing the phone to my ear. Problem is, it's very hit and miss whether it answers in that way or not! I love this feature when it works, because it's so easy. Has anyone any ideas about why it wouldn't be working, and perhaps if I could be doing anything to ensure it works all the time??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. meyerweb

meyerweb Android Enthusiast

It uses the proximity sensor, so make sure you're holding up to your ear in a way that gets the sensor close to your head. Try to figure out if you're holding the phone differently when it works than when it doesn't.

3. madmax988

madmax988 Newbie

I find it works about 50% of the time on the first try, but if I bring the phone down and back up to my ear a second time it works 100% of the time. It really is a great feature, even having to do it twice still seems to be quicker then looking for the green circle to swipe to the other circle(which is a stupid gesture to have to do just to answer a call)

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews