1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Answering delayed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by amagab, Nov 28, 2012.

1. amagab

amagab Member

Nov 22, 2012
    When I answer the phone, it takes a second before it really connects. I usually answer "Hello....!" but I've noticed the person on the other end doesn't hear me the first time so I have to say it again. I've never had this problem with any of my previous phones (and I've had a lot).

Anyone else experiencing this?

Advertisement

2. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    THE BOSS
    NYC
    Yea I've seen that a few times with the last 3 phones I've owned, not all the time but its there every now and then...

What I've also been seeing a lot of is a delay when I make a phone call it takes longer then usual for the call to connect and ring the person I'm calling. Weird!

I'm on at&t and Verizon, and only see it with my at&t devices!

3. amagab

amagab Member

Nov 22, 2012
    I'm on T-Mobile but have been on AT&T as well. I've never experienced it before on any of my 6 Android phones or the two iPhones and the Lumia 920. The LG Nexus 4 is the first phone I'm noticing this on. I'm so used to it being instant. Now I have to learn to pause before greeting the caller.

4. Bob Loblaw1

Bob Loblaw1 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2010
    The OC
    That happended all the time on my N1 on T-Mo and it's still happening on the N4. I'm used to it by now.

5. amagab

amagab Member

Nov 22, 2012
    From that I take it that it's not LGs fault. So is it linked to stock Android on Nexus devices? This is my first Nexus.

6. Bob Loblaw1

Bob Loblaw1 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2010
    The OC
    It's either Nexus, T-Mo or a coincidence that happens on the same carrier so often, I perceive it to be all the time. Like I call an at&t phone from T-Mo. How does that work anyway? Is there some kind of pairing of networks? Perhaps the delay is in the handoff?

Don't flame me! I'm a newb and have no clue how that works.

7. amagab

amagab Member

Nov 22, 2012
    For me, it happens on every call, no matter which provider the caller is with. If it was a T-Mobile problem, I should have noticed it in the past. I've been with T-Mobile/Voicestream for 14 years and this is the first time I'm experiencing it.

8. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

You lot must be hitting the green button and getting the phone to your ear pretty quick!

The only time I notice a delay is when connected to the car's Bluetooth.

9. amagab

amagab Member

Nov 22, 2012
    I slide it to the right and bring it to my ear. Not any faster than previous phones. I'm starting to get into the habit of waiting 1-2 seconds before greeting the caller and it seems to work.

10. Jahmakan

Jahmakan Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2010
    There is definitely a delay because I notice the same issue coming from a Galaxy S3 that does not do the same thing.

Tags: