1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Answers needed

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by lpdroid90, Dec 25, 2011.

1. lpdroid90

lpdroid90 Lurker

Hi guys im new here. I want to buy the international version of the samsung galaxy s 2. Anyone knows if it will work on att data network? Had anyone tried? If not what about tmobile? I just want to know if ill b able to get data on that phone here on USA. Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

According to the spec's, the i9100 (International Version) supports Quad band UMTS 850/900/1900/2100. These are the AT&T UMTS band frequencies, 1900 in the US. T-Mobile uses 1700 so you'd be limited to 2G speeds if you try and use it on T-Mobile.

3. lpdroid90

lpdroid90 Lurker

Yea i was almost sure that it will work but i read on amazon that someone wrote that it would not work on att 3g. I wanted to be sure before spending that money. Thanks!!

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Because to get it you'd buy it unbranded or locked to a different carrier, you must make sure you can sim unlock it if it is locked and you will most likely have to manually enter the APN settings, but i've used several different phones with my AT&T sim and they all worked fine as long as they supported the 1900 MHz band.