• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Antenna Location?

Joe Smith

Lurker
Jun 22, 2010
Hi,
I was curious where the cell phone antenna for the 1x/3G coverage was located. I live in an area with excellent verizon service and when phone is in standby, the incredible gets one bar. When I make a call, it miraculously gets full coverage. I think its on the bottom of the phone, but is it on the very bottom edge (like where the microphone is) or is it along the back side of the phone. How is the best way to hold the phone to maximize service? Thanks!

It's a power saving feature. During standby the radio power down so that it has enough reception to maintain the signal. Then when needed, it goes to full power for the fastest/clearest signal.

Anyway, if you look at the phone with the cover off, you will see red "tape" on the bottom. That is the cell antenna. (Weird, I know, but it is)

Reactions: AnotherHiggins
Upvote 0
It's a power saving feature. During standby the radio power down so that it has enough reception to maintain the signal. Then when needed, it goes to full power for the fastest/clearest signal.

Anyway, if you look at the phone with the cover off, you will see red "tape" on the bottom. That is the cell antenna. (Weird, I know, but it is)

have you verified or where did you hear that power saving feature information? Because I have noticed this too and am getting worried. Should I not?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones