• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root AnthraX Kernel Updated

I've been blocked from the development forums at anthrax.us for seemingly no reason at all.

It seems I too am blocked from development threads as well. I used to have access but now I don't, and my account is still active as I've posted in a couple of threads lately. Does your development thread access go away if you ever get the "account is about to be deleted" notice?

Upvote 0
It seems I too am blocked from development threads as well. I used to have access but now I don't, and my account is still active as I've posted in a couple of threads lately. Does your development thread access go away if you ever get the "account is about to be deleted" notice?
If you are talking about the combined Evo 3D CDMA/GSM and Sensation forums those were deleted or hidden when the decision was made to stop distributing kernels. You have to look in the Evo 3D forums now.

ramjet73

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
That is true, but IMO, AnthraX runs smoother than any kernel that I have ever tried and, surprisingly, battery life has been the best.

I am not sure what you or anyone means by smooth. How do you measure it objectively?

As for battery life, power consumption is proportional to the square of voltage. Higher voltage at the same frequency dictates shorter battery life. I also noticed the phone ran hotter during ordinary tasks with both Anthrax and BT. Heat is a sure indication of energy use.

With all due respects to people who like Anthrax, I believe there is a bit of brand loyalty being developed from the difficulty people have in obtaining the kernel. It is as if the have to pay for it in inconvenience instead of money. Both the investment and exclusivity makes them defend it. Just a hypothesis of mine, YMMV.

Upvote 0
I messaged bigwillyg and he is gonna message an admin for me to try and get my account status reversed.

If there is any chance of getting access i'd follow the directions given at anthrax.us.....

I'd Advise to all of you, that if you'd like access back again then you should politely ask an admin at anthrax kernels to reinstate your account status to view the development sections once again.

Upvote 0
I am not sure what you or anyone means by smooth. How do you measure it objectively?

As for battery life, power consumption is proportional to the square of voltage. Higher voltage at the same frequency dictates shorter battery life. I also noticed the phone ran hotter during ordinary tasks with both Anthrax and BT. Heat is a sure indication of energy use.

With all due respects to people who like Anthrax, I believe there is a bit of brand loyalty being developed from the difficulty people have in obtaining the kernel. It is as if the have to pay for it in inconvenience instead of money. Both the investment and exclusivity makes them defend it. Just a hypothesis of mine, YMMV.

Everyday usage. The feel of it. Its hard to be measured, actually most of the time its preference. Look, i don't want to start an argument. This is all my opinion, and i respect yours as well.

For you guys that are here just to talk about how "silly" something is that Chad does, please don't. This isn't the place for that.

Reactions: punkmaxx
Upvote 0
If you are talking about the combined Evo 3D CDMA/GSM and Sensation forums those were deleted or hidden when the decision was made to stop distributing kernels. You have to look in the Evo 3D forums now.

ramjet73

I have a yellow sticky banner at the top which states:

Your account status does not allow you to view development threads. Please contact a member of management for more information.

EDIT:

OK, I found the thread that explains everything.

Reactions: ramjet73
Upvote 0
For you guys that are here just to talk about how "silly" something is that Chad does, please don't. This isn't the place for that.

Of course I didn't drop in to talk about his silliness. I stopped in to view info about the new kernel, like everyone else. I was merely pointing out that JUST because someone has a right to do something doesn't make it logical.

I have a yellow sticky banner at the top which states:

Your account status does not allow you to view development threads. Please contact a member of management for more information.

I just hit the contact button down at the bottom and sent a nice message. Surely they'll be getting a lot of them in the near future, so we'll await our responses.

Upvote 0
How about this then - regardless of anyone's reasons, and regardless of anyone just certain that there must be another critical comment about how Chad's site is run, we just drop it? ;)

Any more comments on that from this point forward will be cheerfully deleted as off-topic and besides the point as well as superfluous and probably not required. :)

Yep. Serious.

Cheers, thanks!

Upvote 0
I just hit the contact button down at the bottom and sent a nice message. Surely they'll be getting a lot of them in the near future, so we'll await our responses.

I'm pretty sure I don't meet the new minimum post count and account age requirements, so i am not going to request anything at this time. I'll try to be more active in that forum though. It just doesn't get the kinda traffic this place gets. Seems like everyday around here, there's someone who needs help out of a tight spot.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure I don't meet the new minimum post count and account age requirements, so i am not going to request anything at this time. I'll try to be more active in that forum though. It just doesn't get the kinda traffic this place gets. Seems like everyday around here, there's someone who needs help out of a tight spot.

I think between there, XDA and here, AF seems like the most approachable to most people. I think most people feel like they won't get lashed out on here.

Given you got the same message most of us got, I'd say go ahead and send a request if you can't post ANYWHERE. I would think if your account were not yet under activated status you wouldn't have gotten the same banner.

Upvote 0
I think between there, XDA and here, AF seems like the most approachable to most people. I think most people feel like they won't get lashed out on here.
You know he was talking about the Anthrax kernels website and not XDA, right?

The thing that is different about XDA is that it is primarily intended as a forum for developers and not end users. The rest of us are there to help them with testing and support other users that want to do the same. As long as you understand and respect that you should be fine.

The reason for the minimum of 10 posts in other forums on XDA before being allowed to post in the development forum is supposed to be so you can read the development threads and get a feel for what is and isn't appropriate in those threads. Even with that policy in place there are still some users that either don't get it or don't care.

This site is more geared towards discussion and support. The users and staff here are generally more tolerant of questions that new users ask and better at assisting them with things they don't understand.

Although the forums differ in their focus, they both provide a service to the global community of smartphone users that want to better understand and utilize their device(s). :thumbup:

ramjet73

Upvote 0
Anyone who was previously approved on Chad's site and are unable to access the development threads, please login from your computer and the banners will explain everything, including what is needed to regain access. They've had recent security issues so manual vetting of your account is now required.
OB

Upvote 0
Anyone who was previously approved on Chad's site and are unable to access the development threads, please login from your computer and the banners will explain everything, including what is needed to regain access. They've had recent security issues so manual vetting of your account is now required.
OB

Do you know who specifically is vetting the accounts or can I PM anyone?

Upvote 0
Do you know who specifically is vetting the accounts or can I PM anyone?

Last night, I found a 28 page thread that explained everything, and I think they name dropped the guy who's doing the verifications.

I can't remember, but if I had to guess, I'd ask if there's a management team member called Dan or Don?

If you go looking for that thread, it was started by Chad and has been locked for 3 weeks now but I don't recall which forum it's in. I stumbled on a link to that thread in the S3 forum.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones