• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anti-glare or clear screen protector?

OXM_Chase

Jan 1, 2010
I can't find any posts that actually have comparison pictures. I've read reviews but need to see physical evidence that one is better then the other. I'm annoyed with the constant finger prints whipping, so I'd imagine that anti-glare would be the preferred choice. Then again I don't know what the contrast will look like afterward. This is my dilemma :thinking:

I'm currently using the clear Clarivue screen protector and I'm very pleased with it. Very similar to the Boxwave, but less expensive. It ships with two screen protectors. The protector adheres using static and does not peel up easily. It covers the screen completely except for the area next to the ear piece where the proximity sensor is located. It has a very stiff feel to it, but is barely noticeable after installation. Installation is simple and there was less of a problem with dust or other debris during installation than say with the ones that require using a solution. I previously had one of the Bodygaurdz screen protectors and was not very satisfied with it. It had the orange peel look to it, reduced visibility, and installed using a solution. If I'm not mistaken, there is a post in the Moto Droid forum with a Clarivue review and also a discussion of anti-glare vs. clear.

Upvote 0
The descriptions that boxwave and homerjrules provided are both accurate for the Boxwave Clearview Anti-Glare protector. I previously had the anti-glare version and currently have the Crystal (clear) Boxwave ClearView. You can search for my previous posts in this forum for the full reviews. I traded off very very good fingerprint resistance for a much clearer screen. I tried to take pictures of what the haziness and sparkling looked like but my camera, a Canon SD850, could not capture what my eyes saw. Boxwave did have excellent customer service and refunded me when I was not happy with the Anti-Glare protector and switched to the Crystal protector.

Upvote 0
Has anyone at all had an issue with their screen protector shrinking??
I bought a pack of 5 for about $3 so I'm not about to complain but after a month of use my screen protector loses maybe a quarter of an inch and doesn't cover the whole screen anymore. It's pretty annoying because at the same time, after a month all of the bubbles disappear and all the friction goes away so it's as if there's nothing on the screen at all (that part I love).

If you're curious, I got em from Overstock.com and the brand is EZguardz

Upvote 0
I particularly like my Invisible Shield:

image-3215015-10550783
ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

I use this also, no complaints other than I may have to press the screen a little harder than if it didn't have one on it.

Upvote 0
im running no screen protector. Love the feel of it. I had the smartphone experts screen protectors (anti glare) and they were ok. Didnt seal all the way around the edges because Im assuming it is too thick. It looked alright but nothing beats the look of a naked screen. IMO.

I use the boxwave crystal clear and LOVE it! It feels really smooth and fits perfectly and doesn't affect the touch sensitivity. No spray required for installation of this screen protector. I hightly recommend it. I just couldn't risk the screen getting all scratched up unnecessarily.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones