• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

moonsbabe

Nov 27, 2009
Ok here's one I haven't seen yet. I noticed in the apps there is one called anti virus or something like that. Could this be something that would be a good idea on this phone? I know I wouldn't think of running my puter without virus protection! Thoughts anyone? Hello? Anybody there? LOL!!:D

Ok here's one I haven't seen yet. I noticed in the apps there is one called anti virus or something like that. Could this be something that would be a good idea on this phone? I know I wouldn't think of running my puter without virus protection! Thoughts anyone? Hello? Anybody there? LOL!!:D

Someone with more technical knowledge than me will probably answer this with more information than me, but I saved this article that I read once I purchased my first Android about a month ago.

Android Security (Viruses, Malware, etc.) - Android Community Forums

As a caveat, keep an eye on just what permissions you are allowing the application to grab a hold of. When you download an app, it shows you a listing of all the permissions....i.e. network, contact. I would venture to guess that all of the devs are not always thinking about your best interests...correct me if I am wrong anyone?

Upvote 0
ATTENTION!!!

my co-worker has the HTC hero and he got a virus!
he could not dial out of uninstall any apps!
he had to take it back to sprint.
me and my other co-workers (we all have eris`s lol) got "mobile security" which is pretty sweet so far.
going to monitor it and see how it is on the battery life.
but yes!
viruses are real on droid.

Upvote 0
viruses are not real on android since in order for a virus to function it needs root access to the core which none of us have on the eris. what probably happened was his phone freaked and when he took it back to the store. the rep gave him the virus line cause he did not know the answer. thier are virus protection apps out on the market but thier all scams taking hard earned money from unsuspecting android owners. i watch the tech forms closly and no virus for the android has ever been reported.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones