1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Antioch216's Review/Impressions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by antioch216, Feb 16, 2011.

1. antioch216

antioch216 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 4, 2011
    eh, for those of you who care to read this, thank you! This is just a review I've put together for the first 24 hours of me having it. Right now it'll be hardware, cause this is my first Android device and I'm still exploring lol.

First off, the feel is great in my opinion. It has the curve of most phones, very ergonomic and just feels good. Decently thin, I'd rather not have my phone as thin as paper. This phone is perfect thickness, and the 4.3" is perfect. Not too big, but so much better than my old 3G iPhone.

about the calibration grid that is visible...i can only see it when there is a glare on the screen. But if my head keeps out the light, it is hardly noticeable. don't let that effect your decision if you're debating on this phone.

Battery: I charged it while I was watching the newest Southland, and got it to about 75%. It's about 6 hours later with light usage and it's...hardly moved. Very pleased, though I have taken off all syncing, and those heavy draining actions. (I like to manually update all my stuff so I can see what I've received)

lol, my battery cover popped off like no problem...I must have gotten really lucky. Plus the guy had an Inspire himself, so me and him talked about it for easily 45 minutes and he knew what he was doing. And something I don't think I have seen discussed: the overlapping of the SIM/SD card. It's not just a mess up, it's to provide some leverage to push open the cover! It doesn't bother me, in fact it kind of helps with the grip.

So I'll update or answer questions if you have any. So far, I'd give it a 9 out of 10. It's a great phone, I'd highly recommend it

Advertisement

Aatos.1, jdk2 and AndreaCristiano like this.
  2. AndreaCristiano

None

Dec 12, 2010
    NJ
  3. jdk2

jdk2 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 31, 2009
    Male
    Celebration, FL
    Nice. Enjoy your new phone.

4. leavinghome

leavinghome Member
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    I was a little disappointed in some people that made that their reason for returning/not buying. It's hardly noticeable and affects nothing other than aesthetics if anything. Glad you added that bit in there :)

Anyway, good review and glad you're enjoying your Inspire! I am too! :)

5. antioch216

None

Feb 4, 2011
    I read that every post in that topic, and IMO, they are crazy. To return this phone for such a arbitrary reason is ridiculous. People man...

6. AndreaCristiano

None

Dec 12, 2010
    NJ

Couldn't agree more ;)

7. Aatos.1

Aatos.1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 31, 2010
    West Coast USA
    You are so right. Notice how some people go out of their way to find faults?

Then, in most cases it's not even a fault anyway. They don't give it any time, or consideration, they are the uneducated impulse buyers. Never happy.

Anyone with one wit of sense, will pickup this smartphone and immediately be impressed with it's quality, functionality, and openness. This is one very fine phone!

8. antioch216

None

Feb 4, 2011
    you just described my experience. Absolutely blown away by the power, quality, and overall experience. And what makes it even better, is I know my friends will make fun of me for not getting the iPhone 4 like them...but if only they knew! I honestly don't think I've ever been more impressed with an electronic before.

9. AndreaCristiano

None

Dec 12, 2010
    NJ
    well im sorry to say but that just makes your friends idiots