• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Antivirus, spyware and Firewall to monitor programs using connection

Berku

Lurker
Aug 15, 2012
Online i saw many people suggest the use of an antivirus/anti spyware; what do you think about it?
Which one would you suggest? I was thinking to kaspersky but is there something else also good?
Is there a specific application for anti spyware?

I want also a firewall to allow/block programs that are connecting to internet; do you know something similar? I need also to know which programs are currently using internet and, if possible, which kind of data (personal, update, normal use) are they transmitting.

i have a Samsung S5670 Galaxy Fit android 2.3

I use Airpush Detector. It seeks out applications that spam your android device. You can download Netstat from Androidzoom.com it will show TCP connections, routing etc..just like running netstat on your PC or Mac. You probably should search Google Play for a firewall but the author of Airpush maintains a database of applications that phone home
or snitch.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones