1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

antivirus

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kayybiitch, Sep 18, 2011.

1. kayybiitch

kayybiitch Lurker

okay, i just got an htc evo shift, most of what i am reading are arguments about what does and doesnt work, i've been told that there are no such things as a virus for android's but when you're able to access an actual website like you do on your computer, the proof is there that you can indeed get a virus, yes everyone should be smart about what they download, where they download it from and the websites they visit. i totally agree, i trust google just as much as everyone else does, i use it on a daily basis for everything, as well as facebook. since i am new to the droid family, i would like to know, what is and isn't the best antivirus protection, the best app killer to make sure my battery lasts as long as possible, right now at 100% it lasts 5 1/2 hours which is okay, i'm used to phones lasting 3 days without having to charge it and that's with calls, texts, facebook, email, etc. my antivirus right now is lookout and i have 2 app killers, close everything and battery dr to save bettery. i am well aware that having these things will decrease battery life, but i like to be protected. so please anyone let me know.

2. flu13

flu13 Android Enthusiast

I use Lookout and no task killers of any kind. With light use, my phone can last nearly 2 full days. With heavy use, it can be drained in 5 hours. It's not those background apps that drain your battery, it's the display. Best thing you can do for battery is go to Menu->Settings->About Phone->Battery->Battery Use and see what is really draining it and address that. For me, 44% of my battery drain is from my display right this moment.

kayybiitch likes this.
  3. ayeva

ayeva Newbie

I use Zoner Antivirus for Free, it is simple and it doesnt use up much battery.

HTC EVO Shift 4G Forum

The HTC EVO Shift 4G release date was January 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.6" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

January 2011
Release Date
Reviews