1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Antivirus?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Msnlove42, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Msnlove42

Msnlove42 Lurker

Hi Friends.

Can you explain with me about best antivirus for Android cell phones..?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

I don't run one.

Just don't download shitty apps on the play store, and you should be fine.

Divergent and Crashdamage like this.
  3. John Bean

John Bean Happy Wanderer

How to follow that...? ;-)

It's good advice, if a bit blunt and to the point. There are no Android viruses so there's not a lot of point in using an anti-virus program that detects viruses that only work on windows :)

But you can install a malicious app that can try to do things you don't want - but it can only do that if you install it, you can't get "infected" accidentally so the advice to avoid sh... erm, dodgy-looking apps that ask for outrageous permissions is very good advice too.

If you suspect you have instaled someting that is misbehaving there are tools to hunt down offenders, but they're not AV apps, so IMO the best AV app to use is... not to use one at all.

bead5 likes this.
  4. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

Much more eloquent than how I put it. :D

But exactly correct. As long as you don't allow malware onto your device, an anti-virus app is just going to hog resources and slow it down. Then what's the point?

Just use the same common-sense you would use on a PC. Don't download shady third-party crap. I only use apps that are well-known and have excellent reviews in the play store.

Divergent likes this.
  5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

The only reason I have Bitdefender is because I got the license free on a promo because I use it on my PC, and I have it just for the Anti-Theft features. Lol. The scanner is turned off.