1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Any Advantages to Getting the ATT version over Int'l unlocked phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by artbytes, Apr 4, 2016.

1. artbytes

artbytes Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 7, 2011
    I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any advantages of getting the ATT version of the phone over the international version that's unlocked. Will they both perform the same on the ATT network? The unlocked version is a bit cheaper than the ATT version, and you can save on sales tax, too. I just don't know if I'll run into problems for some reason that I don't know about. It's important to me that the tethering works, because I need that for work. My plan allows it.

Advertisement

2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    No matter your choice keep in mind that in the U.S., Sprint, Verizon and U.S. Cellular use CDMA. AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM.

3. Nick The Great

Nick The Great Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Iowa
    This is true. But you can put a GSM sim into a Verizon phone, right? I did that when travelling overseas with my Verizon S4. I'm talking these "newer" LTE phones, I guess.

4. ironass

ironass Android Expert

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Keeping one step ahead of the tax man.
    Cotswolds, England
    The Verizon & AT&T models are a bit hit and miss on 4G/Lte compatibility worldwide.

TOP TIP: Only use another carriers sim card on Verizon and AT&T as a temporary measure as unlike all other models, these 2 issue their own updates, rather than Samsung and unless you are registered on their networks, your phone will no longer be updated.

Nick The Great, Snakeyeskm and KOLIO like this.
  5. artbytes

artbytes Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 7, 2011
    Updates: I was reading the comments about the International version on Amazon. One reviewer said that if you have the International version, you get the updates about 2 months after Google comes out with them - while you wait about a year for the updates from your carrier. It sounded like you got them more directly.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.