1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Any advice for me towards installing Custon ROM's

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Super Liam, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Super Liam

Super Liam Lurker
    None

Hey everyone.

I own a Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660M With Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread that I got from Bell Aliant Along With a Motorola Xoom Wifi Canadian That I bought at Wal-Mart one day.

I am intrested in flashing Custom Roms onto My Samsung Galaxy Gio Gt-S5660M. I have Rooted and Installed ClockworkMod on my Samsung Galaxy Gio Gt-S5660M. I have recently been looking up stuff on how to install them onto my Samsung Galaxy Gio Gt-S5660M. I recently attempted to install Android 4.0.3 Ice cream Sandwich onto it. and I realized that I installed the wrong one because it was for the S5660M Model Not the GT-S5660M, Resulting into a boot failure. as the screen would fade out to black when booting to the Operating System. I was still able to access the Recovery mode (I never Had ClockworkMod Installed at that time) and the Custom ROM Download mode (Vol Down + Home + Power button) but it would fail to connect to my PC (Windows 7 Home Premium & Ubuntu Linux 64-bit) So Later on I told my dad about it and he sent it to bell Aliant to get it fixed. And now I would like to know how I can install a custom ROM and If I ever come across this problem again, how can i solve it without taking it to Bell Aliant to get fixed (Since it's a software related issue)

Thank You For reading and I hope to hear a reply for someone.

Advertisement

2. Super Liam

Super Liam Lurker
    None

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

3. EngineBlock

EngineBlock Newbie
    None

Aug 30, 2011
    Do a factory reset before you go for Custom ROM installation.

Also ensure you have downloaded the proper files for that ROM, there might be some mix up.

I would advise against custom roms, all of them seem to have one issue or another. Saying so primarily because my experience with them hasn't been great. I reverted to official Gingerbread stock rom

4. ciperlone

ciperlone Lurker
    None

Jul 12, 2012
    EngineBlock, how did you reverted to official Gingerbread stock rom?