1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Any alternatives for various apps?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by synical, Oct 21, 2016.

1. synical

synical Member
    None

Jul 3, 2010
    Playing games for a living
    Like some of you, I too came from the note 7 to the v20. As of this writing I've had a couple of hours with it and so far I like. I still need to get used to the power/fingerprint button placement.

Anyways, I was wondering if there was any app alternatives that I could use. There was a few that I liked from the note 7. They are:

1. Secure folder. Any good ones out there? I like that certain apps/media would be encrypted so anyone using my phone would need a password. I would like to use the fingerprint scanner but any would work.
    2. Edge sidebar/launcher. I'm using Nova launcher and I dont think there's an option to make it. I liked the idea of having multiple folders in the sidebar. Makes my screen minimalistic.
    3. Yellow light/night light etc. I know this has it but I liked the note 7 version because there was a timer to go on at certain times. This one just has preset modes.

Finally, I know this device doesn't have it but any wireless charging options? I think the LG G5 had one (3rd party) but i haven't read much on it. I liked the fact of just placing my device on my charging stand and not worry about plugging it in or forgetting to take it out.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. GrandMamaBear

GrandMamaBear Lurker
    None

Oct 21, 2016
    Female
  3. Napalm

Napalm Android Expert

Jul 28, 2010
    Aircraft Engineer
    Memphis, TN
    I haven't tried it yet but I think if you have a memory card installed - you can encrypt certain folders seperately.

or the whole card. but that might need a 3rd party thing. I use Estrongs file explorer mostly

4. synical

synical Member
    None

Jul 3, 2010
    @GrandMamaBear - thanks for the link. I used some of those features.
    @Napalm - I know I can do that with photos/videos. I'll check the folder option with my sd card. I have solid explorer so i'll check and see if they have that option.

I did find the night mode variant. If anyone is interested it's called "twilight". You can set the time you want it on/off. Only thing I don't like from it is that it says in your notification bar. A pet peeve of mine.

5. Napalm

Napalm Android Expert

Jul 28, 2010
    Aircraft Engineer
    Memphis, TN
    so there is a version of that twilight thing embedded in the LG.

comfort view I think it's called. settings - screen - you can set how much blue it removes - and dim the screen.

I think ti does what twilight does - I've not used it personally. but I might

6. synical

synical Member
    None

Jul 3, 2010
    Yeah I use that too (low)..only thing for me is that comfort view only has 4 settings and it's not as in depth as twilight's.

7. Napalm

Napalm Android Expert

Jul 28, 2010
    Aircraft Engineer
    Memphis, TN
    I could see that. never used it.

trying to get my wife to use it on her iphail

LG V20

The LG V20 is a flagship that launched in September 2016. The device launched with Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box. The phone featured a 5.7-inch Quantum IPS display, Snapdragon 820 chipset, dua-rear cameras,a secondary display, and more.
Tags: