• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any android guide idea

Interesting idea, although custom recovery and roms would be most likely used in older phones. Not many people are rooting their new devices these days. I would start with a list of un-rootable devices so people don't waste their time trying.
Verizon guy named Stan told me not to.. It does the backwards to Odin riding on his horse.

Upvote 0
Interesting idea, although custom recovery and roms would be most likely used in older phones. Not many people are rooting their new devices these days. I would start with a list of un-rootable devices so people don't waste their time trying.

Hope you don't mind, but I would like to throw my 2 cents on this. Based on my observations being around AF and XDA long before my join dates.

AF has shifted away from development over the years and is why the root scene has died out on AF. However the development focus on XDA has kept the root scene going strong. You can google root for just about any flagship and lots of root goodies will come up for the device on xda. I think another reason for development being slow on AF is because devs have stayed exclusively on xda. Prior to 2014 this wasn't the case - any root related google search would most likely have landed you on AF when the root scene was big here.

As a linux user I feel my android device should give me the same root access as my linux system. Just one of my reasons for rooting. :cool:

There's a great many reasons why people root so I won't get into that, but I can say that root amongst new devices is still alive and going strong.

According to Kaspersky there's about 150 million rooted android devices. :eek:
https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/best-phones-for-rooting-modding-0175988/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones