• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any app for phone-streaming to PC for UNROOTED phone?

I needed something like this about a month ago because I dropped and destroyed my (unrooted) Evo. After some searching, I located a program that shows your Android phone's display real-time on your desktop:

Androidscreencast:
androidscreencast - Project Hosting on Google Code

It's easy to install, just download the SDK pretty much, but it's somewhat slow - the site claims 4-5 fps, but that sounds to me like a healthy overestimate. It was nonetheless extremely useful in my case, and the refresh rate could well improve in time. My new digitizer and LCD took 18 days to get here from Hong Kong, so this application got plenty of use.

While this works great for any Android unrooted phone, if you DO have administrative permission (as I now do), you can also operate your phone using mouse, keyboard, and buttons in the application. Recording and file browsing are additional features of this application.

Hope this was helpful...

Upvote 0
I needed something like this about a month ago because I dropped and destroyed my (unrooted) Evo. After some searching, I located a program that shows your Android phone's display real-time on your desktop:

Androidscreencast:
androidscreencast - Project Hosting on Google Code

It's easy to install, just download the SDK pretty much, but it's somewhat slow - the site claims 4-5 fps, but that sounds to me like a healthy overestimate. It was nonetheless extremely useful in my case, and the refresh rate could well improve in time. My new digitizer and LCD took 18 days to get here from Hong Kong, so this application got plenty of use.

While this works great for any Android unrooted phone, if you DO have administrative permission (as I now do), you can also operate your phone using mouse, keyboard, and buttons in the application. Recording and file browsing are additional features of this application.

Hope this was helpful...

Hey,

Thank you for registering here just to make a post and share! :)

I'll give that a try!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones