1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Any app (like Screebl) that will turn screen on by movement?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Hand76, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Hand76

Hand76 Guest
    None
    At work I am constantly picking up and putting down my phone. I have a no lock screen app installed on my phone that works well but I still have to push a button.

I would love it if there was an app that shut the screen off when sitting flat and still on a desk (like screebl) BUT will automatically turn the screen back on when you pick the phone back up. Anything like that exist?

Advertisement

2. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    College Student
    North Carolina
    Edit: I thought tasker could do this for you, and it almost can. Sadly, it doesn't monitor what I wanted it to in order to make the screen turn on.

3. jgscott987

jgscott987 Member
    None

Jun 13, 2010
    My guess is that an app that kept the phone awake and constantly monitored the motion sensors would drain the battery pretty quickly.

4. Sokudo Ningyou

Sokudo Ningyou Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 8, 2010
    Female
    SE Wisconsin
    TapTap App is pretty close to what you want. You have to wave your hand in front of the proximity sensor, not just pick the phone up, but it will turn the screen on/off without the button. I use it with Screebl and Tasker (I have a Gesture in Tasker to turn Widget Locker on, Screebl then times the screen off, and I can turn the screen back on via TapTap).