• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any app to locate family through GPS?

I have this app, but I don't know how to add people I know. Do they have to install the app on their phone and then it will show me them?

It's all linked to Google accounts I think and your friends will need to have it on their phones (and turned on of course), and you all have to accept each other as friends and stalkers :D. We also have a Latitude widget on our google.co.uk/ig homepage and when I'm out cycling for example my family can see where I am from there.

Steve.

Upvote 0
EnRoute is a pretty neat app. It allows you to send anyone a weblink to a map that tracks your location. It's essentially the same as latitude however the recipient does not need a latitude acct as well, simply have access to the internet.

Another feature i like is that it is not always on and tracking your location.

How is it on your battery life? The one thing I like about latitude is that it's on 24/7 and there's barely any battery usage. That's a huge plus for a location tracking/sharing app.

Upvote 0
EnRoute is a pretty neat app. It allows you to send anyone a weblink to a map that tracks your location. It's essentially the same as latitude however the recipient does not need a latitude acct as well, simply have access to the internet.

Another feature i like is that it is not always on and tracking your location.

Neither is Lattitude if you don't want it to be. It's pretty easy to switch tracking on and off. You can also use the web version to check on people's location as well.

I'm not sure why you'd need anything but Lattitude. It's free (both the app and the accounts), hassle free, and, knowing Google, will get even more app integrations in the future.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones