• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Atrix Regrets?

Maybe I'm being picky, but I don't really feel like I'm holding a high-end device.

Does anyone else have a bit of light leakage around the glass edge? I have some at the bottom right corner.

I feel the same way. My bottom buttons are not all lit equally. I mean the search button light up white and the other three are yellowish...kind of annoying.

Upvote 0
I love the device but I guess I am going to surrender and send it back. The high resolution makes it unusable. Even though its a beautiful screen its like its a 3inch screen in relation to icon and text sizes. A resolution that right belongs on a 4.3" or 4.5" screen.

I am really disappoint in the screen resolution making it soooo smallll. I don't know if its Motorola's issue or Google's but resolution's size still should leave the icons and text adjustable. I realize fints can be adjusted in some app. I ended up using Handcent for SMS but the native email app only lets you adjust the font when viewing the messages NOT the overview list.

Oh well back to my IPhone or to the Inspire (but its battery life sucks)

Upvote 0
I love the device but I guess I am going to surrender and send it back. The high resolution makes it unusable. Even though its a beautiful screen its like its a 3inch screen in relation to icon and text sizes. A resolution that right belongs on a 4.3" or 4.5" screen.

I am really disappoint in the screen resolution making it soooo smallll. I don't know if its Motorola's issue or Google's but resolution's size still should leave the icons and text adjustable. I realize fints can be adjusted in some app. I ended up using Handcent for SMS but the native email app only lets you adjust the font when viewing the messages NOT the overview list.

Oh well back to my IPhone or to the Inspire (but its battery life sucks)

I thought this might be possible to change but never checked. It seems it can:

http://androidforums.com/motorola-atrix-4g/283111-motorola-atrix-battery-life-2.html#post2339125

I never needed to do with with Launcher Pro or ADW on my Droid X. Then your post made me remember, I always change icon sizes for my PC monitor with its higher resolutions, or use a resolution that doesnt make them too small.

Upvote 0
I just got this to replace my Samsung Captivate. The cappy was a good phone after I rooted it but still fell short in gps performance when it worked and the promised update to Froyo appears to be non-existent. The only thing I didn't like about this phone is the Moto blur interface it came with. I loaded Launcher Pro on here and no it is really nice. I don't plan on rooting it in the 30 day period of being able to take it back and if all works like it should I don't see the need to root at all. Let's hope this isn't another turkey.l:D

Upvote 0
I just got this to replace my Samsung Captivate. The cappy was a good phone after I rooted it but still fell short in gps performance when it worked and the promised update to Froyo appears to be non-existent. The only thing I didn't like about this phone is the Moto blur interface it came with. I loaded Launcher Pro on here and no it is really nice. I don't plan on rooting it in the 30 day period of being able to take it back and if all works like it should I don't see the need to root at all. Let's hope this isn't another turkey.l:D

Froyo came out yesterday and there was a GPS fix included.

and, not that i have experience with this, but i wouldnt even try modding that phone at all. motorola locks their phones down, from what ive heard, and bricking is easy, while on the sgs phones its hard

Upvote 0
Maybe I'm being picky, but I don't really feel like I'm holding a high-end device.

Does anyone else have a bit of light leakage around the glass edge? I have some at the bottom right corner.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I am also seeing light leakage around the right side bottom corner of LED.
Are others also seeing this? I don't know if this is a defect. Planning to
exchange it.

Upvote 0

Sorry, I replaced it so I can't. It basically had a slight bit of light visible between the edge of the glass and the plastic corner.

What you're describing here is called "backlight bleeding" in the monitors/screens world.

This image is an example of occurring backlight bleeding..
15753d1286434366-slcd-clouding-backlight-bleeding-weisser-fleck-desire.jpg

BTW, I don't see something like that in my Atrix.

Upvote 0
Coming from a 3GS, I will say my only complaint is the auto correct and predictive text, along with the keyboard itself. Take the responsiveness of the iphones keyboard and pair it with the Atrix's internals, and you will have, according to Charlie Sheen, a "winning" phone. But this will probably be fixed with gingerbread or some eventual ROMs.

Upvote 0
NO regrets at all. I was a former droid user years ago and had terrible experiences with HTC phones. For a while I have had an iphone 3gs. I had an iphone 4 on trial and quickly switched to the Atrix and am so glad I did.

Iphones are great fun, but very locked down and I got bored with the very quickly. The atrix offers so much and will only get better with time as att techonology and the app market update to accommodate the advances in this amazing phone.

The atrix is super fast, very customizable, and mine takes beautiful pictures and video. The battery life is so superior to iphone. ANyone saying this phone is not fast must have a lemon or must not know how to set up and use the phone properly.

I have had so many smartphones over the years and this one is far superior to them all!

Reactions: damewolf13
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones