• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Cases that fit the Droid Bionic + Extended Battery?

Attachments

• IMG_8942.JPG
    IMG_8942.JPG
    454.5 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_8943.JPG
    IMG_8943.JPG
    449.2 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_8944.JPG
    IMG_8944.JPG
    454.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_8945.JPG
    IMG_8945.JPG
    460.4 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_8946.JPG
    IMG_8946.JPG
    448.1 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_8947.JPG
    IMG_8947.JPG
    338.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_8948.JPG
    IMG_8948.JPG
    351.9 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_8950.JPG
    IMG_8950.JPG
    359.1 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: jruther2
Upvote 0
I just got one of each TPU case. Good case and excellent price. I like that it fits in the dock. The Smoke is a little translucent. You can see the M on the back through it. The black case it not translucent. It is stiff and goes on not supper easy but then it stay put.

I like that is is not gummy and sticky but does provide some friction so it won't easily slip out of my hand. But it will not hang up sliding into my pocket.

Now to find a screen protector. Is there one which will come off and on easlily when I switch to my Otter Defender for the week ends?

Upvote 0
How easy is it to take this cover off?

I swap batteries every 15-28 hours, rather than charging them in the phone....

johnlgalt, If you are talking about the extended battery....how are you charging the ext. battery out of the phone........I can charge the regular battery through the holder that came in the Costco bundle but I cannot see how to charge an ext. battery out of the phone???

Upvote 0
I bought my phone through CostCo - in addition to the phone itself, they provided:

• A second (stock) battery
  • A car charger
  • A leather case
  • A Desktop dock
  • A Car Dock
  • An external battery charger to keep the spare (stock) battery charged.
and they also charged me $20 less than the price of the phone at VZW...

That external battery charger can accommodate both stock batteries and extended batteries. So, I bought an extended battery from VZW while they were on sale, liked it, and bought a second extended battery.

Now, I keep the discharged one in the external charger, until fully charged, and run the other battery down in the phone - then swap.

Upvote 0
The extended battery does fit in the external battery charger. And the Bionic in the TPU case fits in the car mount without the spacer provided.

I bought my phone through CostCo - in addition to the phone itself, they provided:

• A second (stock) battery
  • A car charger
  • A leather case
  • A Desktop dock
  • A Car Dock
  • An external battery charger to keep the spare (stock) battery charged.
and they also charged me $20 less than the price of the phone at VZW...

That external battery charger can accommodate both stock batteries and extended batteries. So, I bought an extended battery from VZW while they were on sale, liked it, and bought a second extended battery.

Now, I keep the discharged one in the external charger, until fully charged, and run the other battery down in the phone - then swap.

Upvote 0
So, now my only problem is the missing kickstand in the back of the shell / holster combo from VZW.

I'm addicted to that kickstand! I even have it open when I'm holding the phone, with a finger threaded through it, so that I can be sure the phone won't drop (yes, I'm THAT paranoid about dropping this phone, unlike my DROID....)

Upvote 0
So, now my only problem is the missing kickstand in the back of the shell / holster combo from VZW.

I'm addicted to that kickstand! I even have it open when I'm holding the phone, with a finger threaded through it, so that I can be sure the phone won't drop (yes, I'm THAT paranoid about dropping this phone, unlike my DROID....)

Indeed...I'm having some kickstand withdrawal as well but I think I'll get used to it. I really like the fact that all of the edges of my phone are covered (I feel a little less nauseous when my 2 year old is playing "Bubbles" now :eek:).

Upvote 0
FYI if you use the Motorola Shell/Holster combo stated near the beginning of this thread, be sure to replace it if you break any of the corners. I broke one of the corners by dropping it and it no longer locked tightly in the holster. After that it hit the floor many times until I got into the habit of placing the phone in 180 out from what I had grown accustomed to in order to lock it in place. Now for the real reason: I am hard on my phone (drop it way more than the average user I would guess. Anyway, I dropped it on the same corner that had broken on the case and the glass on that corner of my phone chipped. I dropped it again about two days later and it split the glass the length of the phone. Now I had my phone for right at 1 year and it was beginning to look pretty rough. I could have replaced the screen for around 30 dollars, but elected to buy a used replacement phone fearing it might not work right and considering I was probably was on borrowed time for it to stop working anyway from all the dropping, felt the extra money was a better bet.

SO, my recommendation - If the case breaks, consider replacing it. It is a hard plastic material (not rubber or silicon). BTW - I was happy with it until the first break (about 10 months of use with extended battery). With the jelly cover I was able to use the holster side of the case, but noticed today it was beginning to separate at the swivel.

Also if you have the car dock it did work with it, but you needed both hands to make sure it was seated all the way and to 'latch' the hinged piece that holds it in the dock securely.

Now, If I can just find a rubber/silicon holster to absorb some of the shock from excessive dropping. Going to try the slits JeepnDoug did.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones