• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any chance phandroid going tapatalk?

I know you guys have your own app, but what's the chances in you all hooking up with tapatalk?

Can I also add my vote for enabling tapatalk? I don't want to have separate apps for each and every forum I visit when there's a perfectly good one, plus the reviews of the Phandroid app make worrying reading. The application continuing to run in the background even when exited is a bit of a no-go.

So yes, please do re-enable tapatalk! :)

Michael

Upvote 0
Can I also add my vote for enabling tapatalk? I don't want to have separate apps for each and every forum I visit when there's a perfectly good one, plus the reviews of the Phandroid app make worrying reading. The application continuing to run in the background even when exited is a bit of a no-go.

So yes, please do re-enable tapatalk! :)

Michael

It doesn't run in the background after closed if you have all the real time updates turned off (not for me anyway)

Upvote 0
There are no plans to re-enable TT support.. We had a problem with it back in the day, which was resolved and is of no concern now, but at that point we decided to just drop support for it permanently and use our own app.

hello we are a web developer and we use the latest version on our Thunderbird Forum and it's awesome!

Gives us exposure to new users as well, you are missing the boat.

Upvote 0
Very well then. I'll just say it.

We're actually going to reconsider. Rob and I have talked on it here and there for a few weeks now.

There are some priorities first but yes, I'll publicly say we are in fact reconsidering it now, and it LOOKS like we may just go on and re-enable. Don't set that in stone, but it's probably 51/49 FOR - right now.

Upvote 0

We're actually going to reconsider. Rob and I have talked on it here and there for a few weeks now.

There are some priorities first but yes, I'll publicly say we are in fact reconsidering it now, and it LOOKS like we may just go on and re-enable. Don't set that in stone, but it's probably 51/49 FOR - right now.

:eek:

Upvote 0

Glad to hear it is not a dead issue :)
I think if the current app was supported (updated) more often and there were responses from the programmer that would help people not to think of another app to use. I will say that by people asking for better is great since it shows they wish to use and respond to this site and not say well if the app doesn't work the way I need it I will just go somewhere else I am happy that you are responding to their cry out to still be here they just need you to help that happen without trying to use a web browser on a small phone when these apps are great for a message board environment.

ok I am done :)

Thanks,
Bryan

Upvote 0

This is awesome news!! I would love having all of my forums in one convenient place! Bravo for reconsidering it.
applause.gif

Upvote 0
That would be great if you all decided to enable Tapatalk support.
I tend to resort to using other sites, because of the convenience of having access to all of them within one app. If Android Forums was added, I'm sure quite a few people, along with myself, would be overly excited. This is a great forum, but I feel many don't visit it as they should because of lack of Tapatalk support.

Upvote 0
That would be great if you all decided to enable Tapatalk support.
I tend to resort to using other sites, because of the convenience of having access to all of them within one app. If Android Forums was added, I'm sure quite a few people, along with myself, would be overly excited. This is a great forum, but I feel many don't visit it as they should because of lack of Tapatalk support.
Yes, me too. I don't look on here very often at all now as I tend to browse using my phone and it's just so much easier using Tapatalk. Good to hear it is being reconsidered.

Upvote 0
Glad to hear it is not a dead issue :)
I think if the current app was supported (updated) more often and there were responses from the programmer that would help people not to think of another app to use.

This for me is the big concern with the app as my biggest issue has not been resolved. Every time I leave the app for a call or reply to my friend's sms or msn, I lose my page on the app. When I go back, it takes me to the home screen and I'll have to navigate back to where I was to continue. The app has taken my ability to multitask on an Android device (ironically) away. I've resorted to browse AF on the browser, which I hate...but the app has made it a much better experience (ironically). So I really like the fact that there are more options available (hopefully)

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
This for me is the big concern with the app as my biggest issue has not been resolved. Every time I leave the app for a call or reply to my friend's sms or msn, I lose my page on the app. When I go back, it takes me to the home screen and I'll have to navigate back to where I was to continue. The app has taken my ability to multitask on an Android device (ironically) away. I've resorted to browse AF on the browser, which I hate...but the app has made it a much better experience (ironically). So I really like the fact that there are more options available (hopefully)

I agree. The screen is too tiny on my phone to efficiently browse the website but it's better than either losing my place or having my battery drastically reduced by the pull of the app. (And yes, even when I turn all auto sync and everything off in the preferences for the app it still runs and is my second highest battery and cpu hog - the first being the phone itself). I have resorted to uninstalling the app when I know I won't be by a power source for a couple hours.
I've never used tapatalk so I can't say that I would love it - I really just want something to view my favorite forum on that works as it should.

Upvote 0
Does Tapatalk support reported posts like our app does?

No it doesn't :( Well...not with XDA anyways, lol. I did prefer the XDA app to Tapatalk (free), lol.

I just wish the dev could (I know he's a busy man) spend a couple of days to just fix some of those BASIC issues that's making the Phandroid app NOT work for most of us.

Reactions: Mada and Xyro
Upvote 0
No it doesn't :( Well...not with XDA anyways, lol. I did prefer the XDA app to Tapatalk (free), lol.

I just wish the dev could (I know he's a busy man) spend a couple of days to just fix some of those BASIC issues that's making the Phandroid app NOT work for most of us.

I hear the XDA Paid app supports thanks, so maybe it supports report too?

i do not prefer xda in any way shape or form!

you can thank me for that :p

The app is quite good. Mainly because its pure black, not a cack blue (and blue is my favourite colour) and white, pixel wasting hog for us OLED freaks :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones