• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any chance the retail price will drop?

Ferris23

Jul 23, 2010
So I want a Captivate to go along with my iPhone 4 (like I mentioned in the previous thread)

I am hesitant to buy one on Ebay because if I have issues I'd like to be able to bring it to a store and swap it. 499.99 is a little steep and it seems that's the going retail price for the Samsung Captivate. Obviously the iPhone never drops in price but how about other phones, is 500 going to be the retail price most likely for a while?

Any deals on retail I should be aware of?

Thanks

Retail prices rarely drop, but usually when the discounted price drops you can see it go down as well.

Retail should be fairly close across the board. Mainly because no company makes much money when you buy it at retail so you wont find much give there. My advise, just wait for a month or 2 when to discounted 2year price goes down, you should see the retail price drop as well... but not by a lot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones