• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any chance we'll get Android O?

androidlover9

Android Enthusiast
May 6, 2014
Canada
The Nexus 5X, a phone that has the same CPU as this phone but has less RAM is getting Android O... but the Moto X Pure isn't? Why? Because, Lenovo that's why. There's really no reason as to why it shouldn't, but given the fact that we haven't even gotten Nougat yet I am 100% sure that we won't get Android O officially.

The Nexus 5X, a phone that has the same CPU as this phone but has less RAM is getting Android O... but the Moto X Pure isn't? Why? Because, Lenovo that's why. There's really no reason as to why it shouldn't, but given the fact that we haven't even gotten Nougat yet I am 100% sure that we won't get Android O officially.
Really, is this a serious question? No Motorola phone that I am aware of has EVER gotten 3 major Android updates, two is common (but becoming less common today)... The hardware's capability isn't relevant here, search up "planned obsolescence" for more details, Motonova is famous for it (like most manufacturers). .

To answer your question, will the Moto X Pure/Style get Android O? Not officially, but I have complete confidence it will in the development community, probably even Android P too. You just need to be willing to unlock the bootloader and move to a custom ROM.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
Really, is this a serious question? No Motorola phone that I am aware of has EVER gotten 3 major Android updates, two is common (but becoming less common today)... The hardware's capability isn't relevant here, search up "planned obsolescence" for more details, Motonova is famous for it (like most manufacturers). .

To answer your question, will the Moto X Pure/Style get Android O? Not officially, but I have complete confidence it will in the development community, probably even Android P too. You just need to be willing to unlock the bootloader and move to a custom ROM.

What a shitty reason.

Upvote 0
lol... Good luck with that, I use an iPhone 6S for work, absolutely hate it compared to my MXPE even though it's battery life is much better. But then again, it does get regular updates.

Hopefully Nougat will breath life back into this phone. I hope iOS 11 will make iOS more tolerable and less restrictive though...

Upvote 0
Hopefully Nougat will breath life back into this phone. I hope iOS 11 will make iOS more tolerable and less restrictive though...
Eh... I have seen Nougat on this phone, it won't "breath life back" into it, it is just an OS upgrade, some UI changes, a few tricks/features, nothing that will make you go oooohh aaaahhhh when you see it. I think most people will be pretty disappointed after waiting so long, especially since it Nougat has been out a year already and we are getting an "old" version.

Look at any of the bare-bones Nougat custom ROM's, forget their custom tweaks and add a couple Moto apps and there you go, that is Nougat on the MXPE.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
Eh... I have seen Nougat on this phone, it won't "breath life back" into it, it is just an OS upgrade, some UI changes, a few tricks/features, nothing that will make you go oooohh aaaahhhh when you see it. I think most people will be pretty disappointed after waiting so long, especially since it Nougat has been out a year already and we are getting an "old" version.

Look at any of the bare-bones Nougat custom ROM's, forget their custom tweaks and add a couple Moto apps and there you go, that is Nougat on the MXPE.

I know... I tried those ROM's but I went back because they were too unstable for me.

It would have been nice if they had the balls to give us at least 7.1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones