1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Any consequences from exporting contacts to SD?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BudDroid, Feb 2, 2011.

1. BudDroid

BudDroid Well-Known Member

After a lot of work, I've got my contacts pretty much fixed up on my new LG Optimus S - synched with Yahoo, GMail, Twitter, etc. and all edited, joined duplicates, and so on.

I know that everything other than the Yahoo-only contacts will show up in my GMail account, but that's not good enough. I want to back up the whole contacts list.

From Contacts, I selected "export to SD card". It then said "Are you sure you want to export your contacts to the SD card?", as if there were potential consequences from doing that. So I held off, for now.

Three questions:
    1-Where are the contacts normally saved?

2-Is the format of the export to the SD card different than the format the contacts are saved in?

3-Are there any consequences unknown to me from exporting contacts to the SD card?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sonicbluemustang

sonicbluemustang Android Enthusiast

O for goodness sakes just hit the export and watch em all dissapear. No,I'm just kidding. It will create a file on the root of your sdcard called 0001.vcf. the amazing thing is it will actually store the picture info in it too. Good luck Mr Phelps this message will explode in 10 seconds. :)

LG Optimus One Forum

The LG Optimus One release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews