• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Any developer can help with icon chcanging??

mjz773

Nov 22, 2009
I have the Sprint HTC hero and think its great, HTC sense is smooth and fast, but the icons are getting old to me. The android 2.0 icons (the ones on the droid and nexus one look alot nicer imo.) I have the icons saved on my pc, in .png format and they are 48*48. Also i have a droid 2.0 icon pack that is used for better home. I tried better home and its a nice program, and the icons for it are great, but it doesn't run as smooth and stable as HTC sense. I like having the HTC clocks, weather, bookmarks, albums, calender widgets, but like the droid icons.

I have astro file explorer installed, and when looking at home
i go to system>app>pick any app, com.htc.MusicWidget>browse file>res>drawable>

Then icon is their when i click on it, it shows the music icon, or if i hold on it gives me details and says icon.png then permissions: -r-

when i try to delete that file it says error trying to delete the file, that is because it is a system file. Is their any way using astro file explorer or any other file explorer to change the icon, or replace it, by deleting the existing one, and creating a new .png image with the same name and permissions.

I would prefer doing this without rooting, but if rooting is the only way i would be willing to do it. Could any one please help?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones