1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Any devs working on a multitouch keyboard?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by writhum, Dec 22, 2009.

1. writhum

writhum Well-Known Member

As we've all heard countless times, the Droid supports multitouch capabilities, but does not include them in the onboard software. Are any devs out there working on a multitouch capable software keyboard?

I'm sure the majority of the Droid-owning population would shell out $$ for one...that should be incentive enough.

2. Mercutio

Mercutio Member

Seriously... we Droid owners need this.

3. Carl C

Carl C Extreme Android User

According to the Android 2.0 platform highlights page , It does support Multi-touch in the keyboard:

However I believe you don't have it due to some legal thing in the USA about Multi-touch. I reckon the Milestone probably has it though :)

4. vincentp

vincentp Android Expert

Doesn't the HTC keyboard have multi-touch though? I'm pretty sure the Palm Pre does, too. I don't know if there really is any legal restriction or patent on the technology.

I was waiting for a multi-touch keyboard too, but after 2.0.1 the stock Droid on-screen keyboard is so damn good I really don't need one anymore. I ditched Better Keyboard for it. Maybe it does have multi-touch, and it was just broken before that OTA update.