• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any difference between UK and EU versions of the S7 Edge?

John Latter

Lurker
Apr 21, 2017
Hi,

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge that was advertised for sale with the UK's SM-G935FZDABTU model number.

During the initial set-up of the phone I was invited to logon to my Samsung account, which I did.

When I later visited the Samsung website, I found the phone I had been sold had the model number SM-G935FEDAATO instead of the standard UK one.

I've been unable to find the specifications of the phone I have other than the fact that it is available in several European countries, particularly - if Google search results are anything to go by - in Austria.

I got the phone for a good price and want to keep it if I can. On the other hand, I would like to know what comprises I'll be making if I do so.

Can anyone give me an idea of what the differences between the UK and EU versions of the S7 Edge are likely to be?

Thanks for reading this :)

John Latter

Probably that it has different pins on the charger. Network standards etc are the same throughout Europe, so I can see no reason why the phone's would differ. Samsung like to have a lot of different sub-models, but there's often no technical difference at all (except they might get updates at slightly different times).

See whether any Samsung aficionados have any insights, but that's my impression. Most manufacturers just have a single model number for Europe or even Europe and other regions.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones