1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Any Droid X'rs who came from Droid 2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chaznsc, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Chaznsc

Chaznsc Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 11, 2010
    Hello,
    I have had my Droid 2 for about a week now from Verizon. I initially compared the X and the 2 and went with the D2 because I felt the X's size was just too much.

After a week with the D2, I find it less than I hoped it would be. Its not a bad phone, and coming from Blackberry, its refreshing. That said, Im not 100% satisfied that I will like the phone for 2 years.

I was wondering if any of you X'rs had made the switch from the D2 and what your thoughts are after doing so.

Thanks!!

chaz

Advertisement

2. Dabitz

Dabitz Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 17, 2010
    Accounting Supervisor
    NJ
    Yes... I had the droid 2 for two weeks before I arranged an exchange for Droid X. I couldn't be any happier. The droid 2 was good, very good but I found it way too small for my fingers, and I found it annoying to have to pop the keyboard out when I wanted to type. Although you can type on the screen like the X, my fingers were not built for that. I also find the X to be faster and the camera is def better. Just my 2 cents. When I compare the 2 to the X now, the 2 feels like a girl phone, no pun intended.

By the way, I didn't want to return the 2 before I received the X and nobody knew what to do. Support placed a new order for me over the phone, then told me to return the 2 when I received the X. Later on, Internet dept called and said that could not be done and have two different accounts on one customer, in my case with a company discount. So they arranged the exchange with no hesitation. Before all this I went to the Verizon store and that was worse... they told me it could not be done. Problem arises in that the X takes two weeks to ship out.

3. Chemist Errant

None

Aug 4, 2010
    I got the Droid 2 on launch day because it was my first smartphone and I wanted to see if I needed a physical keyboard or not. That, and I didn't want to wait for an X to be delivered.

The 2 is a very nice phone, but I never used the keyboard after learning swype, and the small screen was frustrating.

I switched to the X, and love it. It's not too big...if anything I could go for another 0.3" :cool:

4. Chaznsc

Chaznsc Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 11, 2010
    Thanks for the comments, any more out there?

5. Dabitz

Dabitz Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 17, 2010
    Accounting Supervisor
    NJ
    Now with the 2.2 update, my X works even faster. I had noticed on the Droid 2 that my contacts page would freeze or take forever to open up once in a while. I have hundreds of Facebook friends. With the X its smooth, knock on wood.