• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Event users left...?

I've turned mine back on after not even touching it for eight months. Decided to factory reset it, which unrooted my phone. It was at about 85% left on a charge. Using it mainly for streaming and playing some media, but is ready to act as a phone/notepad if my LG G Stylo croaks. Runs great. Good thing I didn't remove too much from the phone while it was rooted. Also have a LG Optimus V... I'm amazed that one still works and even runs on VM.

The apps I removed are the ones listed here, if you're curious. Not as 'debloated' as some others have tried, but it's enough to make it run better:
http://androidforums.com/threads/debloated-my-event.824788/

The slowest app on mine is Tunein. Interface is sluggish, but actual streaming is good on WiFi, especially if there's enough system RAM available (right now around 510 MB on average). Maps is surprisingly accurate on this phone, though I'm spoiled on how fast that runs on my G Stylo! Basic games run OK, including Garfield's Escape.

Yeah... maybe this phone still has some life left. Might swap service on it once in a while... it is easier to pull out of my pocket over the Stylo. Only thing I'd miss is the selfie cam, but that's not something I use often. I can do selfies without the screen... started out years ago with a Polaroid! :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones