1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General any ex evo users here? I need help deciding

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cyaiphone, May 30, 2011.

1. cyaiphone

cyaiphone Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    Hi guys,

I've been going back and forth between buying the new EVO 3D or the Nexus S 4g. I currently have the Evo and love it and sense. Well although I never thought about going with nexus, I just flashed my first AOSP and so far I love it. Now, especially since sprint is holding off on release the official launch date of the EVO I'm really considering the Nexus S.

All you ex EVO users that are now on this nexus device how do you like it?
    what do you miss from sense?

Also has the nexus s 4g already been rooted? and If so can you flash a sense based rom onto the nexus s 4g?

Advertisement

2. NOMster

NOMster Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    GA
    You can't flash sense onto the nexus. But I hate sense anyway. I had the evo and couldn't wait to flash an aosp rom because sense was just hard to use for me. So of course I much prefer the native Google experience of the nexus and have been recommending to anyone. It is so responsive,so easy to use and it will always be updated directly from Google. Its just awesome.

cyaiphone likes this.
  3. gabbott

gabbott Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 22, 2010
    Being a pure google phone, it doesn't need to be rooted in the sense that an exploit needs to be found to gain root, it was designed to be unlocked quite easily.

For myself, coming from an EVO, I am really enjoying the NS4G. The form factor is a nice change and the amoled screen is just amazing.

cyaiphone likes this.
  4. cyaiphone

None

Jul 25, 2010
    Thanks guys! I actually placed my order for it online last night for $99 through amazonwireless! can't wait to get this bad boy!

5. lafabritto

lafabritto Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    ive had mine since friday and im not looking back at my evo lol

6. viber

viber Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    USA Army
    I got a Nexus S 4G, which replaced my HTC Hero

A couple of things:

On my Hero, I freaking hated Sense with a passion. Though, Sense 3.0 on the HTC Flyer (and Evo3D) is very slick. It's fast, user friendly, and looks great. Still, it's already an outdated version of Android, and you know it wont get an update for 6 months, and by then Ice Cream will be out.

I personally am moving all the heavy lifting over to a Honeycomb tablet, so I don't need a super-phone like the Evo3D; and tablet will perform all the higher end functions I want.

I do however demand a lag free, fast and responsive user experience, which the Nexus S gives easily. Pure Google is the only version of android that has the speed and responsiveness of iOS.

7. QuasarZ

QuasarZ Newbie
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    I came from the EVO and am not looking back. My fiance has an EVO and when I use hers randomly am surprised at the differences. The size and weight are incredible, feels like a brick compared to nexus. The screen is much better on the nexus as well. There have been some attempts at sense on nexus but right now there is a serious issue with messing up MEIs I believe or something. SO right now there is no sense for it, but I bet there will be at some point. However, the plain google is awesome.

cyaiphone likes this.
  8. gowcaizer1978

gowcaizer1978 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 10, 2010
    Sales
    Baltimore, MD
    I just got my Nexus today, and I love it. The call quality is much better then any other phone i have had.

9. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Android Expert
    None

May 12, 2010
    Back on my EVO. Look up some of my post on the Nexus.

10. cyaiphone

None

Jul 25, 2010
    I've had the nexus s for 2 days now and so far I really like it! the call quality is great. Sounds much better and louder than the evo. pretty responsive, smooth, and fast. overall I like it just as much as my evo and that's saying alot because i absolutely loved my evo. the camera is probably better than the evo's. I like the 16gb internal storage.

Two things

When i turned the phone off one time and tried to reboot it didn't reboot. It just stayed on the splash screen with the color efect repeating itself for about 5 minutes. I took out the battery and haven't had the problem again since.

My youtube app was not showing for some reason. went into system apps and reinstalled it and fixed the problem.

So far so good on the switch to nexus. Now i just need to figure out how to root.

Tags: