1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Any experience with Non-Carrier Insurance?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by rdgelb, Mar 20, 2016.

1. rdgelb

rdgelb Lurker
    None

Mar 16, 2016
    Male
    Hello All,

I am new so forgive me if I should have posted this else were. I want to buy some insurance for my new S7. I have been looking at Securranty & Square Trade. They are closely priced. I am more concerned about the quality of service once you file a claim. Anyone have any advice or experience with them or others. I am leaning away from Asurion since they are pricey and I believe the likelihood of me losing my phone is slim with device manager on. Appreciate your thoughts

Advertisement

KOLIO likes this.
  2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    No problem with posting this question in the forum for your specific device,most of your inquiries would do best there. :thumbsupdroid:
    However,since your issue can apply to any device,I'm gonna move this one to the Android Questions area,where it will be seen by a much broader audience & should net you some responses in a more timely manner.

3. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    Just as a basis for comparison, Carrier provided insurance has a deductible of about $50 minimum.

for me, I just did not buy insurance, the deducts were too high... I can buy another phone off www.swappa.com for about the same price as the Premium + Deductible.

tube517 and KOLIO like this.
  4. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

Jan 7, 2012
    Male
    Electrical Engineer
    It's probably not what you're looking for, but most folks just insure themselves. In the long run, insurance companies make money off you...that's why they're in business. And who needs the hassle of learning all their rules and claim paperwork. Take one or two month's premium and invest instead in a good protective case to reduce risk of damaged phone. Just my opinion.

5. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Jun 7, 2010
    Male
    USA
    I used Safeware on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 for one year. I had to use it when the screen broke. Good service and a low deductible but their costs have gone up since phones and tablets have exploded. Check your homeowner's insurance as some (not all) of those cover phones.

6. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    yeah, I should have mentioned that I put good cases on all of my cellphones.

they will all survive a 10 foot drop onto concrete.
    one already has.