• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Gamers Out There? - YouTube

I ised to have a channel on here up until a few weeks ago. Everything was going fine and dandy and the POOF!! "My life got turned, flipped upside down!" I am now currently loving in my cousins spare bedroom with only a little bit of cloths and a blow up mattress to sleep on. Things went 100 real quick.

Anyhow. Im thinking its going to take me about 2 to 3 months to get back on my feet and i am dying by not being able to upload. With all these changes and my current MCN not having paid any of what they owe me... in thinking about deleting my old channel to void the contract and starting a fresh new one.

I was jist wondering what other gaming tubers are on here?.... if u wanna check out my current channel before i take it down you can find it here - http://www.youtube.com/adigitaladdiction

I have a channel, although it's not a gaming channel. What MCN are you with? If you delete your channel, won't you lose whatever money you had in it? Won't your MCN penalize you?

I'm asking because I'm not happy with my MCN and pretty much wish I'd never joined it, but I'm stuck in a year contract which is only half way over.

Reactions: Noble Gaming
Upvote 0
Bg4m3r yes you will lose the money and the videos... but im totally fine with that. Ive only got a little under 3k subs and i dont really have a huge interaction.

Im currently with BROADBAND TV UNDER TGN but they have not paid me since i joined up with them... almost 6 months now. Im going to deter my channel and thus nullify my contract with them. Its not something i suggest doing but for me... subs and the money dont really matter.... though i do feel i should get paid what im owed.

Im thinking about going back and joining Freedom. I had been with them for a while and just wanted to see how other networks treat people. So i join Broadband.... big mistake on my part. Freedom always paid me on time and has a no contract type of system. So if the decide to mess up i can leave them and just be on my own.

Who are u with rigbt now as far as mcn goes?

Reactions: bg4m3r
Upvote 0
An MCN is a multi channel network. Some of the big ones you have heard of are MCNs like Machinima, Full Screen and Broadband Tv. Basically what they do is offer amazing deals for you to join them (like license free music, templates and crap like that.) The reality is they take a cut from advertising on your videos (usually 40%) and in return you get paid the other 60% on a regular basis.

The only reason i use them is to get paid monthly rather than have to wait till i make $100 to get paid by youtube itself.

Some people are against mcns some are for them. Me i understand its a business and they dont care about the creators but i like getting paid on a month to month basis as well as not having to worry about music, when i can just use the catalog the mcn has already.

Reactions: Rob
Upvote 0
I'm signed on with Smosh Games. The original intent of my channel was a gaming channel, so it seemed like a good fit, but a gaming channel wasn't a good fit for my personality, lol. They only take a 30% cut, which is better than the average, but being part of the network hasn't benefited me as I don't fall inside their primary demographic. I'm only half way through the 2 year contract. I don't want to lose the subs I have though, or the money sitting in my account, so I suppose I'll just wait it out. I'm not reliant on the money, and I may not even hit $100 before the end of my contract. Not sure what happens at that point.

Reactions: 2181scottmacvaugh
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones