• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Good and CONFIRMED phones coming out on Verizon soon?

pittguy578

Nov 6, 2009
I am just wondering if there are any confirmed good phones coming out for Verizon soon-not talking about Passion. I liked the Eris but the battery life sucked. I would have gotten the Motorola Droid, but the camera sucked. I almost bought an Omnia II until I read about the poor menu system (May reconsider that phone again if I can hack it and run HTC Sense on It as has been shown in another forum)

But are there any other phones coming out anytime soon for Verizon that are confirmed? I really do want a smart phone, but I don't want to buy something just to buy one. I finally realized how much I like my LG Dare for most of my uses-texting and keeping up on FB-taking pictures here and there. There is no rush for me to get a new phone.

Some of the huge bugs in the Eris were fixed in the OTA update.

You should only get what phone YOU think is best. Go to the store, try them out.
I went with the Eris cause it's smaller, sexier, and Sense UI is the bomb.
I just couldn't work with that nasty slide out keyboard on the Moto..if it had even a decent virtual one I might have one right now...but that'd be a waste.

It's whatever you prefer.

Upvote 0
Some of the huge bugs in the Eris were fixed in the OTA update.

You should only get what phone YOU think is best. Go to the store, try them out.
I went with the Eris cause it's smaller, sexier, and Sense UI is the bomb.
I just couldn't work with that nasty slide out keyboard on the Moto..if it had even a decent virtual one I might have one right now...but that'd be a waste.

It's whatever you prefer.

i agree totally, the moto droid is an ugly looking peice. and the eris i love the UI.. but the bugs omg... i mean youtube doesn't even work anymore!!!

one question though -- the moto droid doesn't have a virtual keyboard?? u must use that slide out??

Upvote 0
i agree totally, the moto droid is an ugly looking peice. and the eris i love the UI.. but the bugs omg... i mean youtube doesn't even work anymore!!!

one question though -- the moto droid doesn't have a virtual keyboard?? u must use that slide out??
No no no, it has a virtual keyboard, but it's horrible compared to SenseUI's keyboard.

Upvote 0
No no no, it has a virtual keyboard, but it's horrible compared to SenseUI's keyboard.

gotcha.. soo... should i keep my droid eris? lol.. i love this lil phone but the bugs omg!!! why can't i watch a single youtube video :(

you guys think they'll fix these things or just let us live with it? and do u think the droid eris will be up to par with the moto droid once the 2.x updatet comes out?

Upvote 0
gotcha.. soo... should i keep my droid eris? lol.. i love this lil phone but the bugs omg!!! why can't i watch a single youtube video :(

you guys think they'll fix these things or just let us live with it? and do u think the droid eris will be up to par with the moto droid once the 2.x updatet comes out?
They're going to fix it. 2.1 is coming to the Eris in the next few months. Confirmed to be at least Q1 2010.

Upvote 0

Bugs fixed? Yes. Up to par? No. There is no way that the eris will be on par with the droid simply due to the processor and gpu.

Upvote 0
Bugs fixed? Yes. Up to par? No. There is no way that the eris will be on par with the droid simply due to the processor and gpu.

one thing i took notice is that in an above post someone said that the touch keyboard is horrible compared to the eris.. but then i heard from multiple people that the droid is equal if not BETTER than the eris in the keyboard because it has a bigger screen.

you do not NEED to use the slideout keyboard ever do you? its more of a conveniance thing correct?

thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones