1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Any good changes in 2.3.6?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pappyfire, Dec 23, 2011.

1. pappyfire

pappyfire Lurker

Sometime in the night last night, AT&T pushed 2.3.6 to my phone. Anyone else get it? Anyone notice any changes? I poked around a bit this morning and do not see anything different.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Sydney99

Sydney99 Android Expert

Seems a massive battery improvement to me

3. atmasters

atmasters Android Enthusiast

I just found better battery life and the camera has a new UI but before 2.3.6 I was running 2.3.3 so the camera might have been changed after 2.3.3. What version did you come from ?

4. Medion

Medion Android Expert

I'm on AT&T on a global (UK) model. Checked the OTA update w/Samsung account and checked Kies, but no dice. Still on 2.3.4 but can't complain. I'll take 2.3.5/2.3.6 if they come in an official capacity, but ICS is the only update I truly care about right now. I'll wait patiently for that.

5. (G)

(G) Android Expert

Check the S2 (AT&T) forum -- lots of people there, including me, have found battery life to be measurably poorer after the upgrade. Wi-Fi seems better, but battery life is bad.

6. mjdavemus

mjdavemus Lurker

Flashed 2.3.6 KK5, batter life is just awesome!. 2.3.4, android process used to stay at 78% always, now its 50% and less all time. Only -ve is, 2.3.4 had gtalk video, but not in 2.3.6.
    --Not rooted.

7. pappyfire

pappyfire Lurker

I was on 2.3.4 before the upgrade.

8. ackmondual

ackmondual Newbie

I've had very little time with 2.3.6 to date, but from what I've seen...

-New "swipe in" screen
    Don't have to go from one side of the screen to the next, just an inch and a half in any direction from the point of touch

-Live Wallpapers from before (Microbes, Galaxy swirl, network links) have been removed and replaced with ones that tie-into real time weather (windmill, ocean)

-Icon images updated
    E.g. notepad now has a 'T' in it.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews