• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Good Password Storage Apps

I use Roboform Online myself.. can access your passwords from my USB device and the online system. It actually 'partially' integrates with android via their bookmarklet app so it makes filling in forms on the Evo a lot nicer than not having it. (It still needs work, but better than nothing).

Overall I've tried a lot of password keepers over the years and I love Roboform hands down.. The one con of it is if you really need a printed version, the format is horrible. However this is due to the way it's able to auto-fill in passwords in browsers. It's not meant to be perfectly user legible for a printout.

Upvote 0
You can keep your kbd file on Dropbox and then access it from your phone as well as your other computers.

Just another of the uses for Dropbox (I seem to find one almost every day LOL)
So what do you put in the android keepass app for the location of your keepass database?

Or do you have to manually copy the file from your dropbox to some local location each time you want to use it?

Upvote 0
So what do you put in the android keepass app for the location of your keepass database?

Or do you have to manually copy the file from your dropbox to some local location each time you want to use it?

You open the dropbox app and tap on the keepass database to open it and simply enter your password. The file ends up being saved in /sdcard/dropbox/*.kdb. If you open it from dropbox any edits you make will automatically sync, and be available on any other machines where you have your dropbox account setup!

Upvote 0
You open the dropbox app and tap on the keepass database to open it and simply enter your password. The file ends up being saved in /sdcard/dropbox/*.kdb. If you open it from dropbox any edits you make will automatically sync, and be available on any other machines where you have your dropbox account setup!

Thanks everyone on the Keypass + dropbox combo. I just set it up and it worked on the first time! Awesome!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones