• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any good pouches/ slip cases for Galaxy Nexus?

MRW1215

Mar 18, 2011
I'm the kind of person that dislikes cases, in general, because I like being able to actually see my phone, rather than covering it up with some kind of bulky case. But, I've just gone through a very painful ordeal with Verizon due to my Galaxy Nexus having a crack underneath the screen (which I don't *think* I caused in any way, but I could be wrong). So, I have a new Nexus, now, but I'm incredibly paranoid about getting another such crack in it.

In another topic, someone brought up the idea of using a slip cover/ "pouch", so that the phone is protected while in your pocket, but can easily be removed for use. They brought up the Sena brand pouch, and I took a look at that, but it seems a little thin, which makes me question how much protection it would offer. It was also mentioned that two other brands (Beyza and Fortte) would likely be making such a pouch/ case for the Nexus, but I kinda want something ASAP, yanno? Heck, I have to work tonight, and it's going to involve a bit of physicality, and I'm going to be worrying the entire time that I'm going to crack my new Nexus. :/

Reactions: MoPhoMan
I bought this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0062V1TTW/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details when I knew I was getting the phone. I believe it was $9. Looks to be out of stock right now but there were different variations.

Not exactly the pouch I wanted but haven't been able to find anything better. It's actually made out of the same material used to clean glasses but a little thicker.

I got my Seidio Active case today. It fits fine but is a little tough to slide in because of the rubber from the case.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Sena gives you scratch protection while pocketed but no drop protection that I would trust.

Also, the Sena pouch and side power button on the Gnex are an issue so far due to the snug design of the pouch. With time the leather should soften and stretch a bit and hopefully prevent the power button from being held down while cased.

Upvote 0
I`m buying a Nexus this week and like the OP, I hate cases. My last smartphone (Samsung Galaxy 5, lost it and have had a simple talk text for the last 5 months) came with a great slip case that I loved, so I`m looking for something similar.

I`ll probably go for one of these 2:

http://www.amazon.com/Krusell-Mobile-Samsung-SKYROCKET-Packaging/dp/B006BEWXK4/ref=pd_cp_e_2

or

Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : Galaxy Nexus Leather Cases UltraSlim for Google

More than likely the Sena because I love the leather look and the badge thing on the Krussell puts me off.

Just posting to see if anyone had found any alternatives.

EDIT:

Is anyone else having trouble adding to your cart on Senas website? I made an account and I logged in (well I think so, it doesnt say anywhere you did) When I click add to cart it doesn't do anything...

Reactions: MoPhoMan
Upvote 0
I`m buying a Nexus this week and like the OP, I hate cases. My last smartphone (Samsung Galaxy 5, lost it and have had a simple talk text for the last 5 months) came with a great slip case that I loved, so I`m looking for something similar.

I`ll probably go for one of these 2:

http://www.amazon.com/Krusell-Mobile-Samsung-SKYROCKET-Packaging/dp/B006BEWXK4/ref=pd_cp_e_2

or

Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : Galaxy Nexus Leather Cases UltraSlim for Google

More than likely the Sena because I love the leather look and the badge thing on the Krussell puts me off.

Just posting to see if anyone had found any alternatives.

EDIT:

Is anyone else having trouble adding to your cart on Senas website? I made an account and I logged in (well I think so, it doesnt say anywhere you did) When I click add to cart it doesn't do anything...

I think someone called them and they have put there slipcase for the nexus on hold due to the power button issue being reported. I would call to confirm though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones