1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Any good pouches/ slip cases for Galaxy Nexus?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MRW1215, Jan 4, 2012.

1. MRW1215

MRW1215 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    I'm the kind of person that dislikes cases, in general, because I like being able to actually see my phone, rather than covering it up with some kind of bulky case. But, I've just gone through a very painful ordeal with Verizon due to my Galaxy Nexus having a crack underneath the screen (which I don't *think* I caused in any way, but I could be wrong). So, I have a new Nexus, now, but I'm incredibly paranoid about getting another such crack in it.

In another topic, someone brought up the idea of using a slip cover/ "pouch", so that the phone is protected while in your pocket, but can easily be removed for use. They brought up the Sena brand pouch, and I took a look at that, but it seems a little thin, which makes me question how much protection it would offer. It was also mentioned that two other brands (Beyza and Fortte) would likely be making such a pouch/ case for the Nexus, but I kinda want something ASAP, yanno? Heck, I have to work tonight, and it's going to involve a bit of physicality, and I'm going to be worrying the entire time that I'm going to crack my new Nexus. :/

Advertisement

MoPhoMan likes this.
  2. MoPhoMan

MoPhoMan Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 28, 2010
    Male
    Saving Babies
    Orlando
    Been searching since I got mine on day one...can't find anything simple that doesn't have a belt clip...:(

3. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 6, 2009
    Male
    Engineer
    Gulf Coast
    I bought this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0062V1TTW/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details when I knew I was getting the phone. I believe it was $9. Looks to be out of stock right now but there were different variations.

Not exactly the pouch I wanted but haven't been able to find anything better. It's actually made out of the same material used to clean glasses but a little thicker.

I got my Seidio Active case today. It fits fine but is a little tough to slide in because of the rubber from the case.

4. tannersky

tannersky Newbie
    None

Jun 14, 2010
  5. tannersky

tannersky Newbie
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    By the way, how did you find the Sena is too thin? Did you see it in the store, or reviews online?

I think it comes down to Sena vs Krusell, Sena had a good review online, Krusell has no reviews.

6. callmeox

callmeox Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Paid geek
    NE Ahia
    Sena gives you scratch protection while pocketed but no drop protection that I would trust.

Also, the Sena pouch and side power button on the Gnex are an issue so far due to the snug design of the pouch. With time the leather should soften and stretch a bit and hopefully prevent the power button from being held down while cased.

7. tannersky

tannersky Newbie
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    Fair enough, thanks. I would opt for something that gave some sense of drop protection, but haven't been able to find one.

8. Tabarnak

Tabarnak Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 8, 2010
    I`m buying a Nexus this week and like the OP, I hate cases. My last smartphone (Samsung Galaxy 5, lost it and have had a simple talk text for the last 5 months) came with a great slip case that I loved, so I`m looking for something similar.

I`ll probably go for one of these 2:

http://www.amazon.com/Krusell-Mobile-Samsung-SKYROCKET-Packaging/dp/B006BEWXK4/ref=pd_cp_e_2

or

Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : Galaxy Nexus Leather Cases UltraSlim for Google

More than likely the Sena because I love the leather look and the badge thing on the Krussell puts me off.

Just posting to see if anyone had found any alternatives.

EDIT:

Is anyone else having trouble adding to your cart on Senas website? I made an account and I logged in (well I think so, it doesnt say anywhere you did) When I click add to cart it doesn't do anything...

MoPhoMan likes this.
  9. litrekid

litrekid Member
    None

Oct 19, 2010
    Chrysler
    kokomo, indiana
    I think someone called them and they have put there slipcase for the nexus on hold due to the power button issue being reported. I would call to confirm though.

10. Tabarnak

None

Dec 8, 2010
    Yea I e-mailed them and they said that the ones they have are stitched too tightly and they don't know when they are getting the bigger ones in. Grrrrr I'm getting my GNex on Wednesday, how long must it be in it's birthday suit??

11. Tabarnak

None

Dec 8, 2010
    Ugh, they got rid of the one I wanted, now they have an ugly one with a "racing stripe" down the side. I hope they get the old one back soon. Going to search for alternatives....

12. ANewDay

ANewDay Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 13, 2011
    I think I'm going to get the Empire case.

13. Terrigno

Terrigno Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 16, 2010
    North Carolina
    Cruzerlite Androidifed Cases. Cheap and hot to death!

14. MoPhoMan

MoPhoMan Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 28, 2010
    Male
    Saving Babies
    Orlando
  15. cvu524

cvu524 Newbie
    None

Dec 29, 2009
    I purchased a sleeve from Radio Shack for $13 and it fits my gnex perfectly. It's made of a suede-like material on the outside and mouse fur-like material on the inside. Its lightly padded too

Tags: