• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Any good reason to consider flashing ROM?

crackface

Jan 18, 2010
I've had stock D3 rooted for at least a few months now, and use the radio hack for tethering. I froze the recommended list of apps, and in my opinion the phone seems to work fine for what I need under that configuration.

However, I don't know if I could be missing out on something....like better performance, better battery life, not sure what else there'd be. Can anyone advise as to whether I should consider flashing to one of the ROMs out there and why?

What's not quite clear to me is what the locked bootloader is hindering re: the ROM development for this phone. I've had success with 2 other older phones and the Cyanogenmod ROMs (which I really liked for multiple reasons), but from what I can see there's still camera and BT audio issues with the Cyanogenmod ROM for the D3 which could be a headache for me.

I have a buddy that put ICS on whatever phone he had, and I liked some of the features, so moving to an ICS ROM is appealing, but I don't want to sacrifice stability for bells and whistles.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones