1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Any good tweaking apps ?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrrom, Dec 29, 2013.

1. mrrom

mrrom Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 28, 2013
    Male
    I know pimp my ROM is good but does anybody know any other kind of apps or scripts that is good for tweaking ?

Advertisement

2. jokerpks

jokerpks Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 13, 2013
    Male
    Education
    New York
    Gravitybox which is specifically designed for phones with the same chip as Fierce. Xuimod and xblast tools...

kdzzzy and mrrom like this.
  3. jokerpks

None

Apr 13, 2013
    Male
    Education
    New York
    I also got Sony Bravia engine 2 working but you need to manually install.

4. mrrom

mrrom Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 28, 2013
    Male
    Link plzzz ?

5. jokerpks

None

Apr 13, 2013
    Male
    Education
    New York
  6. Mikito1976

Mikito1976 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 4, 2011
    Male
    \
    \
    Hey jokerpks, how's it going?

If it's not to much trouble I got few questions.
    What version of Framework Xposed, Xblast and Gravitybox are you running and are they safe to run on our device?
    Any cons by using them on this phone? And what mods have you install and worked out well?

About the Sony Bravia engine 2, does it make a difference on the display, specially on the white color since its kind of blueish?

Any improvement for the speaker in-call, mine sounds really dry and hollow?

Quick story, got this phone while I'm still waiting for my Nexus 5 return/refund. I'm really liking this phone, specially for a budget phone its great IMO (can't beat that $99). I'm no noob, have been around in this forum for a while now but I'm just trying not to brick this phone since there's no recovery yet and I really don't want to go back to my old LG Optimus M since is my only backup phone since I sold my LG Esteem and LG Spirit. So any suggestions and info will be great.

Thanks in advance.

7. jokerpks

None

Apr 13, 2013
    Male
    Education
    New York
    Hey sorry I took so long to reply I just saw your post.

I am running the latest version of all the apps although I recommend you just use one app Gravitybox which basically does everything Xblast has with more functionality. It allows you to tweak the device, provides fixes for know bugs, and allows you to fully customize your device like change the statusbar, lockscreen and even adds the ability to clear all running apps in the background instead of sliding them one by one to clear RAM. Sony Bravia engine 2 provides noticeable improvement for video quality mostly movies saved on your phone. And to improve speaker in-call you can use Pimp my rom and enable AMR-WB which will provide wider speech bandwidth of 50-7000 Hz. It also has many great features like init.d support and tweaks improving wifi, battery life, network, etc. I would consider these apps safe if your not just playing around with them.

Doge, BraceForImpact and Mikito1976 like this.
  8. BraceForImpact

None

Jul 27, 2013
    I've used several of the PMR tweaks, like the SD card, clear audio, battery, etc. I'm a little nervous about using any of the build prop our init. d items. Anyone successfully use any if those? Also the Bravia engine isn't downloading.

9. Doge

Doge Member

Dec 22, 2013
    Male
    So do i just install gravitybox like this?

1) Backup your current ROM in custom recovery. I am serious. Don't skip this step.

2) Get the Xposed installer from Download section from Xposed official thread (the latest version is typically available at this link: http://dl.xposed.info/latest.apk)

3) Install and run Xposed installer and follow the instructions to activate Xposed framework

4) Reboot. If device doesn't boot that means that the Xposed framework is not compatible with ROM you are currently
    running. You don't need to continue with the next steps. You will have to restore your ROM from backup.

5) Download, GravityBox.apk attached at the end of this post, rename it to GravityBox.apk and install it

6) Make sure GravityBox app is installed to internal memory. If it was installed to phone storage or external storage,
    move it to the internal memory, first

7) Run Xposed installer, go to Modules menu and activate GravityBox by checking the checkbox

8) Reboot

9) Launch GravityBox from app drawer or from Xposed installer and set options as desired

10. Doge

Doge Member

Dec 22, 2013
    Male
    so how do we install the zip because cwm doesn't work

11. BraceForImpact

None

Jul 27, 2013
    Download xposed installer. Run the app. Use the install button. Reboot. Install gravity box. Go into xposed installer. Add module. Update with install/update button. Reboot. Open gravity box and have fun. Do be careful installing other modules. You can brick your phone.

Doge likes this.
  12. Doge

Doge Member

Dec 22, 2013
    Male

Thanks for telling me how... but i kinda bricked it already :(
    is there a way i can fix it, i have 2 phones, one bricked and one not

13. BraceForImpact

None

Jul 27, 2013
    You can try to boot into stock recovery and factory reset. I did that once. I tried to install the hktheme module and the phone wouldn't boot. From off position, good down power and volume up until phone boots into recovery. Good luck.

14. Doge

Doge Member

Dec 22, 2013
    Male
    i tried that already but it just stays on a black screen that says onetouch fierce :(