• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Gun owners out there?

I like the angle of grip to barrel on a 1911. The original Colt 1911A1's are bringing the big bucks these days. I wish I still had mine. Mine had been accurized for bullseye target shooting which would knock it's selling price... far from original condition. I wouldn't sell it if I had it now. I sold it back in the day during desperate financial times.

Upvote 0
Only slingshots I'm familiar with were made with a strip of used up inner-tube and a solid fork of a tree branch. :rolleyes:
I use this to feed the starving squirrels that visit my bird feeders. It's a great way to deliver acorns to them quickly before they starve. ;)

IMG_20170303_170240.jpg

Upvote 0
Outstanding! I'm sure that they have progressed a bit since my childhood. Hey, even back in my day, they weren't that accurate but a lot of fun. Ammo was readily available as well. :D

A couple of years ago, I purchased one of these to curb the vegetable eating bunnies in my garden.
A Colt pellet gun. I can't seem to get my image to load.. grrrrr

Pretty darn accurate Co2 powered .177 pellet gun. They, too, have come a long ways since my childhood.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Outstanding! I'm sure that they have progressed a bit since my childhood. Hey, even back in my day, they weren't that accurate but a lot of fun. Ammo was readily available as well. :D

A couple of years ago, I purchased one of these to curb the vegetable eating bunnies in my garden.
A Colt pellet gun. I can't seem to get my image to load.. grrrrr

Pretty darn accurate Co2 powered .177 pellet gun. They, too, have come a long ways since my childhood.
Some of those pellet guns now have the muzzle velocity of a .22 :eek:

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
I was amazed at the accuracy. I can get a rabbit's attention from my patio and that's at least a 25 yard shot. What really astounds me is the amount of shots per Co2 canister. I figured it would leak and lose it's power quickly. I have found that it will hold charge from one summer to the next.

I had a pump action pellet gun as a kid. It worked great but once you pumped it up... you had better take your shot. Leave it idle for ten minutes and you needed to add a couple of pumps to have enough power to get a sparrow's attention. I started out with a spring driven pellet gun that I traded many treasures for. :rolleyes: It looked cool and even sounded deadly but it lacked power. Lesson learned... drive before you buy. o_O

Upvote 0
I was amazed at the accuracy. I can get a rabbit's attention from my patio and that's at least a 25 yard shot. What really astounds me is the amount of shots per Co2 canister. I figured it would leak and lose it's power quickly. I have found that it will hold charge from one summer to the next.

I had a pump action pellet gun as a kid. It worked great but once you pumped it up... you had better take your shot. Leave it idle for ten minutes and you needed to add a couple of pumps to have enough power to get a sparrow's attention. I started out with a spring driven pellet gun that I traded many treasures for. :rolleyes: It looked cool and even sounded deadly but it lacked power. Lesson learned... drive before you buy. o_O
I had a ten pump rifled barrel pellet gun / bb with a scope. I could hit a quarter at 50 feet. That was an old gun. The rifled barrel makes a huge difference is it doesn't "knuckleball" when fired. BB's were so-so, but pellets were deadly accurate, at least for squirrels.

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0
I had a ten pump rifled barrel pellet gun / bb with a scope. I could hit a quarter at 50 feet. That was an old gun. The rifled barrel makes a huge difference is it doesn't "knuckleball" when fired. BB's were so-so, but pellets were deadly accurate, at least for squirrels.

I am envious! I bet you had some kind of fun with that. I received a BB gun for xmas one year. It was a Daisy pump. It was accurate for a BB gun. You learned to elevate for distant shots. I was the envy of the guys around. I had the only new gun around. I handed it down to a younger cousin once I was in high school. I wish I still had my Daisy.

Now for a scoped gun.. you are talking an entire different level of shooting. If I could have hit a wash tub at 50 feet, I'd been shocked.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Now for a scoped gun.. you are talking an entire different level of shooting.
My mother's deck is 48' wide with the bird feeder on the far corner. I'd sneak out the front door with a pellet in the chamber so I wouldn't scare the squirrel. I'd pump it behind the house, then take aim and shoot. That was a long time ago. I never did put a hole in the feeder. Don't tell my mom, but there may be a pellet or two embedded in her railing.

Upvote 0
Don't tell my mom, but there may be a pellet or two embedded in her railing.

If I only had a dollar for every shot that went where it shouldn't have, I'd be rich. Your secret is safe.

I had my Daisy for less than a day when my privileges were revoked.
It took a few weeks before I earned the right to shoot again. Lesson learned... Don't get caught.

Upvote 0
I can now give my opinion on a red dot optic system for a pistol. I've been to the range twice now with my Sig P320 RX and I'm loving it.
Once I figured out to disregard the iron sights which co-witness I was getting good groups consistently. It's very easy to get on target and amazingly easy to stay on target. It's more than a gadget.. it's proving to be a real aid in aiming. Instead of looking at the red dot, you look at your target. The red dot will be there once you are familiar with the gun. Bring to dot to the desired impact and squeeze one off.

I will mention a negative of the optic sight. I purchased a Crossbreed IWB for the P320 with the thought that I might carry it off and on. The holster is well made and fits the gun well. The problem encountered was the depth, or lack of, the holster and gun to the waist band. I normally carry with my EDC about three quarters of an inch lower than I'm able to carry the P320. I want to keep the optics out of my jeans so I'm carrying higher than I like. It's not a matter of concealment. It's a matter of the optics clearing the waistband when drawn. It's not a turn off. It rides well when I have the holster adjusted. It doesn't print. It just feels a bit odd because I'm so accustomed to the gun being carried lower.

Upvote 0
Oh man, that is a treasure for sure! All original too. Very nice indeed Techie. Thanks very much for sharing the pics. Well worth waiting for too.

There is just something special about an old piece like that. What stories it might tell.... You can just imagine one's life depending on it.
Very very cool!

I just bought another pistol. Half plastic and half metal. It's a great gun but do you suppose it will be around to tell a tale a hundred years from now? I'm thinking NO.

Upvote 0
It is completely and totally about the stories! I've heard that because the two boreholes were put in a Proscope but it's worth a lot less. But the reason that after selling a bunch of guns I've kept that is because it has lived its own life. Including the fact of my stepfather who was a tank commander in World War II and the stories that he had. Then you go beyond that to all the stories of this gun as it was being produced in secret and there was a whole agenda for ad and then some soldier, at least one, had it for one purpose and then it was picked up and brought over to another country.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones