• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Gun owners out there?

I've never shot a full auto. Would love to someday. My local gun store/range has promised me some time with their full auto. I don't even know what it is. Ammo is on me though. :) :(
It would have to be some kind of fun.
Only in the Army in Basic Training. A couple hundred rounds through an M60. Ammo was on you then too. :D:D

Upvote 0
Only in the Army in Basic Training. A couple hundred rounds through an M60. Ammo was on you then too. :D:D

When I was at college one of the crazies that I knew had a Thompson 45. We all chipped in and met out of town at the river and watched him mow down the saplings that lined the bank.
I was awe struck.

Upvote 0
I had a little extra cash that was burning a hole in my pocket. I thought about purchasing another gun. There are a number of guns on my want list at all times :) I started considering the guns that I already have and the fact that they are not secured in my home. So, long story short, I decided a gun safe vs another gun would be a wise purchase. I did a bit of shopping online and then I visited a number of local vendors before I made my purchase. The shopping for a safe is a lot more fun than hauling one home and getting it positioned in the desired location. I bought a 30 gun Liberty safe that weighs in at 685 pounds... ouch! I hauled it myself and with the help of my son and a buddy managed to get it in place. For the first time in years I'll leave my home tomorrow feeling secure. It was worth all of the effort.
safe-patriot-23-exterior-chrome-textured-black-gray-fabric-img-lg_s7_g36_gp63_ch3_ce16.jpg

Upvote 0
I had a little extra cash that was burning a hole in my pocket. I thought about purchasing another gun. There are a number of guns on my want list at all times
smilie.png
I started considering the guns that I already have and the fact that they are not secured in my home. So, long story short, I decided a gun safe vs another gun would be a wise purchase. I did a bit of shopping online and then I visited a number of local vendors before I made my purchase. The shopping for a safe is a lot more fun than hauling one home and getting it positioned in the desired location. I bought a 30 gun Liberty safe that weighs in at 685 pounds... ouch! I hauled it myself and with the help of my son and a buddy managed to get it in place. For the first time in years I'll leave my home tomorrow feeling secure. It was worth all of the effort.

That's really good investment, kinda want one now. Make sure ya bolt to floor to make it harder for someone to ATM that thing (Chains tied to a truck). L bolts in the floor (fresh concrete) with threads pointing up, let dry, drill holes in bottom of casing to match bolt pattern, then use Maglock nuts (like car/truck tires) to boot it down.. Good luck trying to pull that one off. 😎

Upvote 0
I think 685 pounds is enough to discourage random theft @bcrichster. Why would anyone think a little safe like that was full?

I agree to a point but I've seen ppl do some crazy things.. Most ppl who see a safe that big would expect there to be something extravagant inside cuz someone wouldn't buy something like that unless they had something worth pitting in there. I call that the 'crook mentality'. I've been unfortunate live in the hood among ppl who do things like that, didn't work out well for us so we went somewhere else a bit safer. Ur guns will only keep ur home safe if YOU are there to use them against the bad guys when they try to attack. But yes, near 700lbs is heavy as hell. Was just giving ideas to make it a more permanent fixture..

Upvote 0
That's really good investment, kinda want one now. Make sure ya bolt to floor to make it harder for someone to ATM that thing (Chains tied to a truck). L bolts in the floor (fresh concrete) with threads pointing up, let dry, drill holes in bottom of casing to match bolt pattern, then use Maglock nuts (like car/truck tires) to boot it down.. Good luck trying to pull that one off. 😎

Actually there is no warranty on the safe unless it is anchored to the floor. My house is old and has oak plank flooring over three quarter inch plank sub flooring. The house was carpeted for years but now that wood flooring is back in fashion, the carpet has been removed and the original flooring refinished. The safe was shipped lag bolted to a pallet. I reused those lags and impacted them through an inch and a half of wood. The flooring of the safe is only single walled and has no fire board. Thus it's the easiest to breach and requires bolting to the floor. Four holes are provided in the floor for just that. Bolting it down is not a bad idea anyway. I would hate to be the guy in front of that safe if it should tip over. :)

Upvote 0
So when they hook a truck to it it rips up the floor, breaking the floor joists, sending 700 lbs of safe, 100lbs of weapons, and hundreds of pounds of ammo hurtling to the basement floor yanking either the whole truck, snapping whatever they hooked it it up with, or shearing the tow package off the truck. Yeah, probably not going anywhere. :p

Upvote 0
I enjoy my AR. It's a lot of fun to shoot. I prefer a good bench gun however. I'm a paper punching fool with a 243 Ruger Precision Rifle.

Speaking of target practice, I ordered a red dot sight for my Sig Sauer P320 X5 that's scheduled to arrive tomorrow. It's a target pistol.. so why not a red dot sight? Can't wait to get it mounted and to the range.

Upvote 0
I used an Amazon gift card to pick up some inexpensive-ish accessories I've had an eye on for a while:

• A cheap green/red dot sight for my AR-15. I mainly wanted something to replace the rear iron sight, and something that would still co-witness with the front sight. No zoom (which is fine by me for my current purposes). I'm quite pleased with it so far - hopefully it will hold up okay.
MVIMG_20180104_172625.jpg

• A laser boresight cartridge to sight it in before I get a chance to hit the range.

• And a Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster for my Glock 26. So much retention! It's not anywhere near as concealable as my usual appendix carry rig but I like the idea of a Level II holster if my firearm is going to be "out there" a bit more. It's still super-easy to draw as long as I hit the release switch first, and I'm extremely impressed without how secure the paddle platform actually is - it actually takes me two hands to remove the holster.
MVIMG_20180105_071006.jpg

MVIMG_20180105_072111.jpg

Upvote 0
I will even add to that. I have recently fallen in love with optics on a pistol. I bought a SigSauer P320 RX about this time last year. It has a red dot reflex sight on it called a Romeo 1. I liked it so well that I bought another Romeo 1 sight to put on P320 X5 that I purchased. The sights are available by many different manufacturers. I've only used the Romeo1 so to say it's the best would be a great injustice. But I will say that it makes the old iron sights seem quite dated and far inferior.... at least to me. The shooting experience with optics seems far superior to that of traditional iron sights.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones