• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any have a charging issue with the Galaxy Nexus

ebenz21

Lurker
Jan 14, 2012
I have had the nexus since the day it came out and its been a great phone but around 2 days ago i have seen the dreaded still charging lightening bolt on the battery icon, i first off ignored it but i have been seeing a huge decrease in battery performance within 4 hours i would be 2 thirds drained. also the phone would constantly think its in USB mode and the icon for that would not go away even with a reboot. I called Verizon and they said that since a factory reset did not work it must be the devises charging USB port. we concluded on giving me a new phone with overnight shipping plus free screen protectors for the hassle. im not upset but its very aggravating cause mostly likely i will get a crap refurbished phone.

any one else have this issue?

Same issue. My phone looks like it's plugged in when it isn't. I switched to a different battery and have the same problem. Sometimes the "USB debugging" and "Connected as a media device" also appear in the notification bar while the phone is not plugged in. When I turn the phone off, the large white battery icon will appear like the phone is plugged in and charging, when the phone is not plugged in at all. Very bad issue.

Also, this morning the "charge your phone" message kept appearing over and over immediately after I clicked "ok". Switching to my other battery fixed it, but I'm worried. The phone was great before all these problems with USB plugged/unplugged charge/no charge. Now I'm afraid I eventually won't be able to use the phone at all. I've put up with Android bugs since the OG Droid, but this is about to push me over the line. I support Google's philosophy over Apple, but I have to have a reliable phone. Don't make me get an iPhone!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones